How does a Moneyspot loan work?
Loan customers are able to borrow $200 to $2,000 over a maximum of 90 days. This is an unsecured cash loan, so there is no need for applicants to use their property - such as a vehicle or other asset of value - as collateral against the loan. Loan applicants can apply completely online, so they are not required to visit a branch, post any documents or communicate with the provider by phone.
Features of a loan from Moneyspot
Features associated with this loan include:
Bad credit eligibility. Customers with poor credit ratings may still qualify for this loan, as Moneyspot uses an applicant's recent transaction history in order to determine their ability to repay.
100% online application. The application process is completely online, All that applicants need is their online banking details and ID.
Short application form. The application process and form will take about five minutes to complete online.
Money in your account fast. If you apply within business hours and get approved, the money will be in your account within the hour. If you apply after 5pm, the money will be in your account the next business day.
Clear fee structure. The fee structure is transparent so customers can easily see if they're able to afford the loan.
Varied loan amounts. The loan amounts range from $200 to $2,000.
How much does this loan cost?
There are some fees and charges that prospective applicants need to be aware of, such as:
- An establishment fee of 20% of the loan amount they wish to borrow.
- A monthly fee of 4% of the loan amount they've borrowed. This will be charged for the term of their loan.
- A $35 direct debit dishonour fee.
- A $50 collection fee.
It is important to be aware of these fees before applying for this loan, particularly the direct debit dishonour fee which is charged every time Moneyspot goes to take the payment and the funds are not available.
Are you eligible for a Moneyspot loan?
There are a few requirements loan customers must meet in order to be eligible for a loan from Moneyspot. They must:
- Be employed (the majority income can not be from Centrelink).
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be an Australian resident.
- Have a regular income.
How to apply for this loan
The application for this loan is straightforward, as the business is 100% online.
- Click on “Apply”.
- The online process takes a few minutes.
- Funds are sent within the hour if customers apply within business hours.
- The majority of payments are received the same day.
What documents do I need to apply?
- Driver’s licence number
- Medicare card number
- Internet banking details
- A valid mobile phone number that is capable of receiving SMS
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
If you're experiencing financial hardship and would like to speak to someone for free financial counselling, you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007. It is open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. When comparing short term loans, ensure you take into consideration any fees, charges and rates you may be charged. It's important to weigh up all your options before applying for any form of credit.