You can borrow between $300 up to $2,500, with repayment terms varying between 6 to 9 months. Although look out for the high fees and charges.
Moneybox Loans specialises in unsecured personal loans, but they also offer secured loans. For their unsecured short-term loans, you can borrow between $300 and $2,500, with a loan term of 6 to 9 months. Applications are online, and it takes around half an hour to receive a response. You could receive the loan amount on the same day or within 24 hours. While the loan doesn’t have exit fees, you will have to pay the standard expensive payday loan charges. For loans less than $2,000, this will include an establishment and monthly fee. For loans above $2,001, you will be charged interest p.a. and an establishment fee.
Maximum loan amount
6 to 9 months
Term of loan
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support.
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How do loans from Moneybox Loans work?
Customers can borrow between $300 to $2,500 through Moneybox Loans. However, the maximum amount of funds available depends on eligibility factors such as the applicant's creditworthiness and their existing financial situation. The loan term can vary from 6 to 9 months.
Once someone submits their application, Moneybox Loans processes it and will offer a loan contract to successful applicants. Customers wll need to sign the contract electronically. Moneybox Loans will then transfer the money into their nominated bank account by the following business day.
Features of a loan from Moneybox Loans
Here are some of the features associated with a loan from Moneybox Loans:
- Poor credit applicants considered. Moneybox Loans does not follow the same stringent criteria as banks when making lending decisions. While it will run a credit check as part of the application process, it also considers every individual's existing financial situation. If someone has a regular source of income and meets the basic minimum requirements, they might still be approved.
- Straightforward application process. Customers can complete the online application in minutes. Once someone submits their application for and provides all the required documents, Moneybox Loans can make a decision within 30 minutes. If someone submits their application after 3pm AEST, Moneybox Loans will process it on the following business day.
- Get the money quickly. Moneybox Loans aims to fund all its loans with 24 hours. Once someone accepts the loan contract, it transfers the the approved funds to their nominated bank account as quickly as possible. This can happen on the same day, depending on the applicant's bank’s processing time.
- Repeat borrowing. You can speed up the process of applying for a new Moneybox Loans option as a repeat borrower. To do this, you have to visit the Moneybox Loans online platform for existing customers. Previously successful applicants can access their previous application and make any required changes. They don’t have to go through the identity verification process again.
How much will the loan cost?
Every applicant who receives their loan contract should go through it carefully as it will give them a clear indication of all applicable fees and charges that they may have to pay during the course of the loan term.
Loan customers who get a Small Amount Credit Contract (SACC) will have to pay an establishment fee and a monthly fee. They won’t have to pay any per annum (p.a.) interest. With a Medium Amount Credit Contract (MACC), customer's will have to pay an establishment fee and p.a. interest.
Loans provided by Moneybox Loans don’t attract any exit fees, so customers can pay their loan off ahead of time without incurring additional charges.
Moneybox Loans loan eligibility
To apply for a loan through Moneybox Loans applicants have to meet these eligibility criteria and must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be an Australian resident or a permanent resident of Australia
- Have a steady source of income (which can include Centrelink benefits)
- Have an operational bank account that allows direct credit and debits
How to apply
To apply for a Moneybox Loans applicants can apply directly online. Applying requires that every applicant provides some basic information, including:
- Their name, home address, email address and phone number
- Details from their driver’s license, passport or proof of age card
- Details from their Medicare card
- Their employer’s name and contact details
- Details about their income and expenses
- Their bank account details