Money Hack: The world’s biggest sales event is happening this weekend
It's a celebration of singles everywhere, but the epic deals are for everyone.
The subtle art of being single is something to be recognised. At least, that's what they think in China. Singles' Day has been around since the 90s and falls every year on 11 November. This date was chosen because of the four ones representing four singles.
But what started as just a celebration of being single has now grown into an internationally recognised shopping event. And consumers are embracing it wholeheartedly. Alibaba's sales totalled 168.3 billion yuan at the 2017 event and 777 million parcels were posted.
This year will likely be bigger. Retailers such as Mon Purse, Booho and YOOX.com are already offering up some serious savings and there are more retailers that will be revealed tomorrow.
Here's how to take advantage.
Jump on our Singles' Day page to see the list of deals that are available. Some have already started so you can check before November 11. However, remember to check back on the day to see the full list of deals to make sure you don't miss out on anything.
Here are a few more tips to make sure you get the most out of the sale:
- Confirm when the deal ends. Some of the deals extend beyond 12 November so you have more time to decide what you want to buy!
- Start thinking about Christmas. We know it's not even December but these sales are a great opportunity to save on presents you need to buy anyway.
- Check whether the retailer offers Afterpay, zipMoney or zipPay to save on your purchase and pay it off over the next few weeks.
- Brush up on what you can expect from Singles' Day 2018 so you're ready for the day.
- Escape the cold with these Air New Zealand flights to the USA from $899 return
- List of upcoming UFC events in 2019
- Zip off to Argentina with these last-minute Air New Zealand flights from $862 return
- Game of Thrones’ “best director” made Season 8 Episode 3 Battle of Winterfell
- Cheapest places to visit over the European summer 2019