Money Hack: Share your car to save on airport parking
Think airport parking money is dead money? Think again.
Travelling is one of the many pleasures of life. But when you consider how you're going to get to and from the airport, sometimes driving is the only way.
When you do drive, you're either faced with expensive charges for the convenience of parking within walking distance or the less convenient budget bays further away.
But what if I told you there's a way you can park your car at the airport absolutely free and even make money from it?
This is a car-sharing service that lets you share your car with fellow travellers while you're away. All you need to do is drive your vehicle to Carhood's secure airport carpark, hand over your keys and catch your flight.
While you're away, your car is available to rent by fellow users. If someone rents it, you'll be paid for every day it's hired. If no one does, you don't have to pay a cent for parking – it's a win-win situation.
As a bonus, Carhood also cleans and details your car before its rented out and takes care of any insurance, giving you peace of mind. It also offers a shuttle between their carpark and the airport.
Carhood is available at Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane airports. You can sign up here.
finder money hacks is a bi-weekly roundup of the latest tips and tricks to improve your finances. Check back every Wednesday and Saturday for new hacks.
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?
- Virgin Australia becomes the first Australian airline to offer flexible bookings until 2021