Money Hack: Save 15.3% on your travel insurance these summer holidays
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Travel with Jane equalises the gender pay gap so women save on travel insurance.
Are you going away over the summer break?
If you are, I'd bet that you'd prefer to spend more money on having fun and less on travel insurance. I mean, who wants to spend more than they have to on travel insurance?
No one, that's who.
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's move onto the hack.
The lovely people at Travel with Jane offer a 15.3% gender pay gap discount for women on all their travel insurance policies.
All you need to do is head over to the Travel with Jane website and fill in your travel details.
Let them know where you're going, when you're going and how many of you will be travelling.
Once you've done that, you'll need to check either "yes" or "no" for whether you identify as a woman.
If you check yes, the 15.3% discount will be applied to your policy. Simple as that.
Better still, if you follow the asterisk down to the terms and conditions you'll find out that: "the discount is also available for men. Just go ahead and buy with the discount applied."
So, what are you waiting for? Compare cover from Travel with Jane below or head over to our travel insurance home to compare our entire panel.
finder money hacks is a bi-weekly round-up of the latest tips and tricks to improve your finances. Check back every Wednesday and Saturday for new hacks.
Compare travel insurance options from Travel with Jane
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
- You can finally get COVID-19 travel insurance (but what does it actually cover?)
- Insurance claim rejected? You don’t have to give up
- As the VIC/NSW border reopens, take a second to think about travel insurance
- As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
- Travel insurance that covers frequent flyer points
Picture: Shutterstock / frinkiac