Money Hack: Get an extra 15,000 bonus Qantas Points at no extra cost
Exclusive to finder: Score up to 90,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude Points with the Amex Westpac Altitude Platinum bundle.
You could be 90,000 bonus points closer to your next holiday with the American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum bundle. Exclusive to finder, you can earn up to 90,000 bonus points when you meet the spend requirements and apply by 31 July 2018. That’s 15,000 more bonus points than you’ll get anywhere else!
If you apply for the American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum bundle through finder by 31 July 2018, you can treat yourself to up to 90,000 bonus points. You can choose to earn either Qantas Points or Westpac Altitude Rewards points.
Regardless of which rewards program you choose, you’ll receive 75,000 points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases on your Visa within 90 days of card approval. You’ll also collect 15,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval on your Amex. That brings your total bonus points bounty to 90,000 points!
If you choose Qantas Points, that’s almost enough points fly from Sydney to LA in business class (96,000 points) or enough to fly return from Brisbane to Hong Kong in first class (90,000 points).
As you may have guessed from the spend requirement, this bundle comes with a Visa (issued by Westpac) and an American Express (issued and serviced by Amex), giving you the convenience and prestige of spending with both cards.
You can also look forward to competitive earn rates beyond the bonus points, although the number of points you’ll earn per dollar will vary depending on the rewards program you choose and the card you’re using:
- Qantas Points. When you spend with the Visa, you’ll earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent. On the American Express, you’ll earn 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on purchases in a foreign currency, 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent in Australia as well as 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on government transactions (such as ATO bills). When you make eligible purchases with Qantas Australia, you will earn 1 additional point per $1 spent.
- Altitude points. On the Visa, you’ll earn 1 Altitude Point per $1 spent. With the American Express, you’ll earn 3 Altitude Points per $1 spent on purchases in a foreign currency, 2 Altitude Points per $1 spent in Australia as well as 1 Altitude Point per $1 spent on government transactions.
As a platinum card bundle, cardholders can also take advantage of complimentary travel insurance cover and a 24/7 personal concierge service. Thanks to your American Express, you’ll also get access to exclusive discounts, dining perks and pre-sale tickets to events as well as passes to Amex Invites lounges through Amex Invites.
When you apply for this bundle by 31 July 2018, you’ll save with $0 annual fee for the first year for the Amex and the Visa. Considering there’s usually a combined $199 p.a. annual fee, this is an easy way to save a couple of hundred dollars. If you choose the Qantas rewards program, you'll still have to pay the $50 annual Qantas Rewards fee.
If you want to boost your points balance with up to 90,000 bonus points and save with a reduced annual fee, make sure to apply through finder by 31 July 2018!
Please note that terms and conditions apply. For a more comprehensive overview of each card’s rates and fees, check out our review of the American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum bundle - Qantas and the American Express Westpac Altitude Platinum credit card bundle.
- Virgin Australia sale drops fares from $69 across 300,000 seats
- Fly across Australia from $99 with Qantas’s 2020 Boxing Day sale
- Score $75 flights with the Virgin Australia Boxing Day sale
- Take off across the country from $75 with this Virgin Australia sale
- Get in early with this $89 Virgin Australia sale