Money Hack: Get a $20 credit when you dine out with an Amex card
Save on your restaurant bill when you make a booking through TheFork and pay with your American Express card before 12 March 2019.
While it’s often easy enough to rock up to a restaurant and get a table without booking ahead, sometimes it really does pay to make a reservation. In this case, booking through TheFork and spending at least $50 on your American Express card could get you $20 back – meaning you could save up to 40% on the bill.
Formerly known as Dimmi, TheFork is a restaurant booking and review service that rebranded in 2019. It has teamed up with American Express for this offer, which is available for the first 10,000 eligible bookings made between 12 February and 12 March 2019. Here’s how you can use this offer:
- Sign up to TheFork and sync your American Express card to the account.
- Browse participating restaurants and book through thefork.com.au/amex.
- Honour the reservation, spend at least $50 and pay with the synced Amex card.
This offer is available at a number of participating restaurants in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. Each venue listing on TheFork also includes the label “Amex Spend $50 Get $20” to help you see where you can use this deal.
A couple of other details to note: the offer won’t be valid if you book through TheFork iPhone app or through another service. And if you have previously synced an American Express card that’s no longer valid, you’ll need to go through that process again before you can use this offer.
While the $20 account credit is only available for the first 10,000 eligible bookings, thefork.com.au/amex will be updated when all the bookings have been made and the offer’s no longer available.
If you do claim it and meet all the requirements, your $20 credit should be added to your account within 5 business days (although it could take up to 90 days from the offer end date). Bon appetite!
Finder Money Hacks is a weekly round-up of the latest tips and tricks to help improve your finances. Check back every Saturday for new hacks.
- 3 tips to manage this year’s holiday credit card spending
- Growing your business into 2024 with a Platinum Experience
- 12 Days of Holiday Offers: Cashback with humm90
- Plastic promises: 1 in 5 Aussies will splurge on credit this Christmas
- Swiping away inflation: 3 million Aussies reach for credit as pressure climbs