Not only is Hive Mobile one of Australia's youngest telcos, it's also one of the cheapest.
Is Hive Mobile right for me?
- What does Hive Mobile offer? SIM-only mobile plans on no-lock-in contracts, with coverage provided by the Optus 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Aggressive pricing, no-lock-in contracts, solid spread of data inclusions.
- Watch out for: Before you sign up to Hive Mobile's 90GB plan, remember that it's limited to the Optus 3G network only. Internet speeds will be slower than on a 4G connection, so set your expectations accordingly.
Hive Mobile SIM-only mobile plans
Hive Mobile's SIM-only plans explained
Hive Mobile has a handful of SIM-only mobile plans available on no-lock-in, month-to-month contracts. Payments are charged on a postpaid basis and mobile service is handled via the Optus 3G and 4G networks.
Each of Hive Mobile's SIM-only plans includes unlimited standard calls and texts along with a provision of data ranging from 1GB up to a hefty 90GB. The 90GB data cap is restricted to Hive Mobile's 3G-only plan.
The four 4G plans Hive Mobile offers are:
- $12.80/month plan: 1GB of data
- $18.80/month plan: 2.5GB of data
- $28.80/month plan: 10GB of data
- $39.80/month plan: 18GB of data
If you're looking for more data and don't mind the slower download speeds of 3G, Hive Mobile has a single 3G-only plan available:
- $73.80 plan: 90GB of data for $73.80 a month
Hive's SIM-only plans don't attract set-up or cancellation fees, but you need to be mindful of potential excess data charges should you go over your monthly data cap. Additional data is charged at 1.5c per 1MB, which equates to $15 per 1GB and is steeper than the industry-standard $10 per 1GB.
How does Hive Mobile compare?
- Some of the cheapest plans on the market
- Data caps cater to a wide range of Internet needs
- Larger plans aren't as competitive as budget plans
Competition is fierce in the Australian SIM-only market and any new entrant has to offer serious value to stand out from the pack. Hive Mobile manages to do this by undercutting even the most aggressively priced telcos, making its plans well worth considering if you're on a budget.
Why should I consider Hive Mobile?
Purely from a price perspective, there's plenty of reason to consider Hive Mobile's SIM-only mobile plans. They're currently among the cheapest you'll find at their respective data caps and represent excellent value for money across the board. This is especially true of Hive's 1GB plan, which is a compelling option if you have relatively low data needs and want to save money on your mobile bill.
Hive also has a lot to offer heavier data users. Its larger plans boast some of the lowest monthly rates on the market and the simple structure ensures there are no hidden fees or complexities to worry about. Best of all, since Hive's plans operate on a month-to-month, no-lock-in basis, you can give them a go without making any long-term commitments or investment.
How to contact Hive Mobile
|Phone||1300 032 787|
|Support hours||Mon to Fri: 9am to 8pm|
Sat: 10am to 6pm