After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Compare gotravelsim mobile plans
gotravelsim provides a local Australian mobile service aimed at international travellers working or studying Down Under.
Is gotravelsim right for me?
- What does gotravelsim offer? gotravelsim offers SIM-only mobile plans pitched at travellers visiting Australia for an extended period of time. These plans are delivered over the Optus 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: 12-month plans pack plenty of value, international call credit bundled with every plan.
- Watch out for: If you want to take advantage of the extra data included in gotravelsim's 12-month plans, make sure you're going to be in Australia for at least a full year. Cancelling your service before that year has passed will mean paying out the full cost of your plan, even though you won't be using it anymore.
Compare mobile plans below
gotravelsim SIM-only mobile plans
gotravelsim's SIM-only plans explained
- Wallaby 10GB which includes 10GB of data and $300 of international credit for $30 a month
- Kangaroo 15GB which includes 15GB of data and $500 of international credit for $40 a month
- Wallaby 18GB which includes 18GB of data and $300 of international credit for $30 a month
- Kangaroo 23GB which includes 23GB of data and $500 of international credit for $40 a month
Using more than your monthly data quota will see gotravelsim charge you at an excess usage rate of $10 per 1GB up to a maximum of 150GB extra data for a single month.
gotravelsim will also charge you if you sign up to a 12-month plan and cancel your service before the year is up. This charge is calculated as the monthly cost of your plan multiplied by the number of months remaining in your contract.
How does gotravelsim compare?
- A good amount of data for your dollar, especially on its 12-month plans
- Plenty of international call credit for keeping in contact with people back home
- Some local telcos offer more value for a month-to-month service
gotravelsim has plenty of competition in the SIM-only space. While it markets itself as a service for overseas residents working or studying here in Australia, it operates much the same as any other local SIM-only telco and thus opens itself up for direct comparison.
Why should you consider gotravelsim?
The pitch behind gotravelsim is solid: a cheap and simple mobile service for travellers coming to Australia. It delivers on this promise quite well, even if you can find a few competing plans from local telcos at a slightly cheaper rate.
gotravelsim's 12-month plans are especially attractive, beating out many leading Australian telcos on value. The inclusion of international credit makes them particularly appealing for travellers wanting to phone friends and family back home, although you'll want to check gotravelsim's international call rates to see how much talk time that credit actually translates to.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
Read more on this topic
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet