Compare Xiaomi smartphones
If you're after premium power and the latest features at an affordable price, you'll want to give Xiaomi's smartphones a look.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Fast Xiaomi phone facts
- Xiaomi is a Chinese electronics manufacturer that has been around since 2010, but its smartphones only made their way to Australian shores in early 2019.
- Most Xiaomi phones sit in the mid-range to premium price bracket and focus on high-end features like multi-lens camera arrays and in-screen fingerprint readers.
- Xiaomi phones use a custom version of the Android operating system called MIUI. It offers most of the regular Android features including the Google Play app store but supports custom themes that let you customise the look of your phone's interface.
Xiaomi's smartphones don't skimp on features. From pop-up selfie cameras and in-screen fingerprint readers to support for 5G mobile networks, there's a lot to keep in mind when comparing the various models on the market. To help you, we've highlighted some of the key considerations below:
Which Xiaomi phone is best?
Picking a single Xiaomi smartphone as "the best" is not really practical, as your specific needs and budget will dictate which handset is most appropriate for your situation. Instead, we've selected our favourite Xiaomi smartphone based on our experience in the industry testing and reviewing phones in Australia. You'll want to factor in your own preferences when considering our reasoning to ensure it's the right phone for you.
Xiaomi Mi 9
- 6.39-inch AMOLED screen
- 48MP camera powered by AI optimisations
- Support for Qi wireless charging
The Xiaomi Mi 9 stands out as our top pick thanks to its compelling combination of premium power and features along with a very attractive price tag. Costing the same as most mid-range handsets from other brands, the Xiaomi Mi 9 boasts a top-tier Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB of RAM and a triple-lens camera with an impressive 48MP primary lens.
Add to that support for both fast-charging and wireless charging along with an in-screen fingerprint reader plus a hefty 6.39-inch AMOLED display, and the Xiaomi Mi 9 offers plenty of bang for your buck.
Head to our Xiaomi Mi 9 hub to learn more about the phone's performance and features.
More guides on Finder
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite: Features | Pricing | Specs
If you're looking to up your selfie game, the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite's 24MP front-facing camera has your number.
Xiaomi Mi 9T: Features | Pricing | Specs
Get your selfie on with the Xiaomi Mi 9T's nifty pop-up camera.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3: Features | Pricing | Specs
Get a larger display for your dollar with the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3's novel sliding body and hidden front camera.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G: Features | Pricing | Specs
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G provides a more affordable entry point to the world of 5G.
Xiaomi Mi 9: Features | Pricing | Specs
The Xiaomi Mi 9 delivers high-end performance and features at a lower price than most of the competition.