We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What's in this guide?
- Do I need a lawyer to write this document?
Download this template at Lawpath
- How users can and cannot use the app
- Who can and cannot download the app, e.g. country-specific restrictions
- A user's rights and obligations when using the app
- The operator's app and intellectual property rights
- Privacy policies
- Termination of the agreement
- How personal data is stored and used
- Any terms and conditions of any third-party providers used in the app, e.g. Google Maps
Do I need a lawyer to write this document?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Does your company belong in this list?
- Begin by explaining exactly what the agreement is, when it comes into action and who it affects.
- Mention if anyone is prohibited from entering into the contract, perhaps due to their age or country-specific restrictions.
- Explain what a user can and cannot do on the app.
- Include a termination clause that gives the operator the right to suspend or delete an account if the terms are violated.
- Declare your intellectual property rights to protect any company logos, slogans or otherwise.
- If your app accepts payment for goods or services, you should include payment clauses that outline how a user makes payments, subscription policies and refund policies.
- Lawpath. Lawpath is an online legal resource for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Users are welcome to browse free samples on their website but must sign up to access customisation options.
- Law Depot. Law Depot provides a broad array of free online documents to choose from. Fill them out online within minutes and download for your use.
- LegalVision. LegalVision offers users unlimited use of free legal document templates for a monthly membership fee of $199.
- Wonder Legal. Browse more than 140 legal document templates with Wonder Legal, all of which can be purchased for a one-time fee. Although free to browse, accessing the document to edit currently costs $19.99.
More guides on Finder
How to start a mobile app business
Learn the key considerations when it comes to starting and growing your smartphone app company.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what you need to know before starting an accounting business.
How to start a remote IT business
Here’s how to go about starting a remote IT business to offer installation, servicing and maintenance support to both businesses and households.
How to start a web design business
A guide to help you start your web developer business off on the right foot.
How to start a food delivery business
The key points to know before you start a food delivery company.
How to start a pet sitting business
Do you love working with animals? Find out how to start your pet sitting business.
How to start a virtual assistant business
Get set up to provide support services remotely with our guide to launching a virtual assistant company.
Workplace Hygiene Policy templates (Australia)
A personal hygiene in the workplace policy will help keep visitors and customers safe.
How to start a legal services business
Here's what you'll want to consider to get ready to start your own legal firm.
Ask an Expert