We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Download this template at Lawpath
- How users can and cannot use the app
- Who can and cannot download the app, e.g. country-specific restrictions
- A user's rights and obligations when using the app
- The operator's app and intellectual property rights
- Privacy policies
- Termination of the agreement
- How personal data is stored and used
- Any terms and conditions of any third-party providers used in the app, e.g. Google Maps
Do I need a lawyer to write this document?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
- Begin by explaining exactly what the agreement is, when it comes into action and who it affects.
- Mention if anyone is prohibited from entering into the contract, perhaps due to their age or country-specific restrictions.
- Explain what a user can and cannot do on the app.
- Include a termination clause that gives the operator the right to suspend or delete an account if the terms are violated.
- Declare your intellectual property rights to protect any company logos, slogans or otherwise.
- If your app accepts payment for goods or services, you should include payment clauses that outline how a user makes payments, subscription policies and refund policies.
- Lawpath. Lawpath is an online legal resource for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Users are welcome to browse free samples on their website but must sign up to access customisation options.
- Law Depot. Law Depot provides a broad array of free online documents to choose from. Fill them out online within minutes and download for your use.
- LegalVision. LegalVision offers users unlimited use of free legal document templates for a monthly membership fee of $199.
- Wonder Legal. Browse more than 140 legal document templates with Wonder Legal, all of which can be purchased for a one-time fee. Although free to browse, accessing the document to edit currently costs $19.99.
More guides on Finder
The Best Black Friday tech deals in Australia
Black Friday has landed, which means its time to get a deal on some fancy tech, from phones and headphones to laptops and cameras.
Cyber Weekend Christmas shopping deals for kids and teens: Get 60% off
Black Friday's best Christmas shopping deals for kids include Lego for 40% off, 38% off Beyblade, LEGO bargains galore and big Bluey discounts
7 steps to building your passive income
Setting a goal of making $200k per year passive income may seem all but unattainable, but investing experts Scott & Mina O'Neill say it's possible.
A-League fans! Here are 10 (more) reasons to get Paramount Plus
Come for the football, stay for the quality original TV.
Ethereum price gains 10% in a week – here’s why that could continue
In spite of the recent crash which saw nearly AU $400 billion being wiped out from the market, ETH has been able to register monthly gains of over 6%.
Crypto markets dive, but Bitcoin’s price remains resilient – here’s why that could change
Over the course of the last 14 days, Bitcoin has registered losses of over 16%.
The Best iPhone Black Friday deals in Australia: Save $300+ on an iPhone
Top Black Friday iPhone deals include 26% off the iPhone 12 Mini at The Good Guys and cut-price refurbished models at Amazon and eBay.
Black Friday TV deals in Australia: Up to $3,000 off smart TVs
The best Black Friday 2021 discounts include over $1,000 off 75-inch and 85-inch smart TVs from Samsung and Hisense.
50 best Black Friday deals: Tech, games, beauty, fashion and more
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available in Australia right now, including tech favourites, games, toys, beauty, homewares and more.
eBay Australia’s best Black Friday 2021 deals with up to 75% off
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available from eBay right now, including tech, games, home appliances and more.
Ask an Expert