Spell-slinging multiplayer game Mirage: Arcane Warfare is free for the next 24 hours
Fling fireballs and ride magic carpets without forking out a single cent.
Everybody loves free games, and you can snag yourself a real magical one right now on Steam. Mirage: Arcane Warfare, the first-person multiplayer wizard deathmatch game (phew, what a mouthful!) is going free for just 24 hours, and you get to keep it forever if you add it to your Steam library before 3am Friday 8 September AEST.
As tantalising as the promotion is, you might be wondering why the studio behind the popular sword-fighter Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is giving its latest game away, even for just a day. Rest easy – it has nothing to do with the quality of the game, but rather because Mirage's poor sales have left its community a little on the lean side. For a multiplayer-only game, this is devastating, so Torn Banner Studios hopes this promotion will bring new players into the fold and give existing players new wizards to compete against.
If you miss out on it while it's free, Mirage: Arcane Warfare will be getting a permanent price drop to US$9.99 after the promotion ends.
- Hands-on with Shadow of War: The Terminator 2 of sequels
- The Evil Within 2 Nightmare Mode hands-On: Not toning it down
- Super Mario Odyssey hands-on: Sun’s out, guns out
- European Commission study finds no link between piracy and lower sales of digital content
- TheGamer.TV takes a curated approach to the best gaming videos on the Internet