Middle-earth goes mobile in Shadow of War phone game
And it doesn't look terrible?
The residents of Middle-earth will be going portable this year with a mobile tie-in game for the upcoming Orc-extinction simulator Middle-earth: Shadow of War. Announced today, Middle-earth: Shadow of War - The Mobile Game is a free-to-play action RPG following series protagonist Talion as he rounds up a host of other Lord of the Rings A-listers to help him take down Sauron's endless supply of bloodthirsty Orcs.
From the trailer, the game looks to be a fairly straightforward action RPG, with multiple party members to direct and special attacks to unleash. There'll be a character upgrade system, too, plus plenty of shiny loot to collect.
Most interesting, though, is the news that Shadow of War's brilliant Nemesis system will be incorporated into the game. You'll be able to assemble your own army of green skins and hack 'n' slash your way through ranks of smart-aleck Orcs, with publisher Warner Bros. Interactive promising a personalised experience on par with Shadow of War proper.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - The Mobile Game will be coming to iOS and Android later this year. You can pre-register right now on the game's website to score yourself an exclusive character bundle when the game launches.
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight