Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse review
Microsoft's gaming-focused take on the classic IntelliMouse is a decent if unremarkable device that struggles to stand out against the competition.
- Textured thumb buttons are comfortable and shaped for easy access.
- Supports up to 16,000 DPI.
- Stays true to the classic IntelliMouse design.
- No dedicated DPI buttons.
- Right-handed models only.
- Lacks the pizzazz of other gaming mice.
Way back when, Microsoft dominated the market for computer mice. Its IntelliMouse line popularised a number of features we now take for granted, from the all-important scroll wheel to optical sensors to handy thumb buttons.
While Microsoft doesn't enjoy that same monopoly nowadays, the IntelliMouse brand lives on nonetheless. Microsoft brought it back in 2017 with the Classic IntelliMouse, and now it's taking aim at PC gamers with the upgraded Pro IntelliMouse.
- Retains the classic IntelliMouse style
- Textured grip on the thumb buttons makes them easier to find and press
- Braided cable is a welcome improvement
- New optical sensor is responsive and reliable
- Has a satisfying heft to it
- Full DPI and button customisation via the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre app
- RGB lighting only supports static colours
Microsoft's Pro IntelliMouse doesn't quite live up to the legacy of the IntelliMouse brand, but that's okay. While it doesn't redefine what a gaming mouse is capable of, it delivers solid performance and modern functionality in a sleek, nostalgia-fuelled shell.
Pricing and availability
Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse
Microsoft's iconic IntelliMouse is back with a host of new features designed for high-performance gaming. Buy it now from the Microsoft Store.
The Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse retails for $89.95 and is available online through the Microsoft Store as well as select brick-and-mortar retailers.