We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Business mergers and acquisitions are complicated with a number of moving parts involved. Getting the help of an expert is essential to ensuring the whole process is completed correctly and to the satisfaction of both businesses.
You're able to get a free quote from a mergers and acquisitions lawyer to decide whether the cost will work for your business. Read on to find how you can obtain free quotes and from where.
Where can I find a mergers and acquisitions lawyer online?
Does your company belong in this list?
What's in this guide?
- Where can I find a mergers and acquisitions lawyer online?
- What is a mergers and acquisitions lawyer?
- When should I use a mergers and acquisitions lawyer?
- What does a mergers and acquisitions lawyer do and not do?
- How effective is a mergers and acquisitions lawyer?
- Do I need a mergers and acquisitions lawyer for my business?
- How to get a free quote from a mergers and acquisitions lawyer
What is a mergers and acquisitions lawyer?
A mergers and acquisition lawyer is someone who legally facilitates dealings between two different parties, especially when merging two companies or when consolidating assets. The lawyer will bring their expert skills and particular knowledge to the situation, working strategically to give businesses the competitive advantage.
When should I use a mergers and acquisitions lawyer?
Here are a few instances where you might consider a mergers and acquisitions lawyer:
- Your business is carrying out a takeover bid
- Your business is merging with another
- To assist in the acquisition of shares or assets
- Helping with complex private equity structuring
- Giving advice to investors of different marketing strategies
What does a mergers and acquisitions lawyer do and not do?
A merger and acquisitions lawyer's role varies depending on the client, but much of their duties include guiding their client through the nitty-gritty of a merger or an acquisition. Here's what they will and won't do:
- Identifying a client's business objectives
- Spotting legal issues and understanding the advantages and risks of a deal
- Advising on business tactics and approaches to deals
- Determine tax implications with help from tax lawyers
- Conduct due diligence
- A mergers and acquisitions lawyer will not assist on any civil or family law matters, nor will they be involved in any criminal law matters.
How effective is a mergers and acquisitions lawyer?
A mergers and acquisitions lawyer is hugely effective at providing you or other clients with appropriate tools to close business deals. Without their specific knowledge of the inner workings and legal understanding of corporate law, many businesses would struggle.
Their effectiveness is also seen in how smoothly a merger of two companies can take place. When completing a merger, there are several things that can go wrong, but a mergers and acquisitions lawyer will mitigate most of these issues.
Do I need a mergers and acquisitions lawyer for my business?
As your business grows and looks to make acquisitions or decides to merge with other businesses, external advice will be needed. The breadth of knowledge a mergers and acquisitions lawyer has is critical to taking your business through those next steps.
How to get a free quote from a mergers and acquisitions lawyer
There are a few ways you can get a free quote for a lawyer online.
- Lawpath: Set up an account with Lawpath and they will provide you with a choice of three proposals for free. You can then decide on the best one for you and your needs.
- LegalVison: LegalVision requires you to first fill out an enquiry form. After, you will be given a fixed-fee quote.
- Sprintlaw: You can also book a free consultation with Sprintlaw, who also offer a fixed-fee quote.
More guides on Finder
Turnbull Hill Lawyers review
Get expert legal advice on all your family and business matters in Sydney and the Central Coast with Turnbull Hill Lawyers.
From costs and finance options to what materials you’ll need, learn about bathroom renovations in this comprehensive guide.
How to start an oven cleaning business
Learn the key points to know before launching an oven cleaning company.
How to start a mobile app business
Learn the key considerations when it comes to starting and growing your smartphone app company.
How to start an ebook writing business
Start your own eBook writing business with our guide to the skills, equipment and legal documents you’ll need.
How to start an alterations business
What you need to know before launching an alterations business.
How to start a rubbish removal business
From your business structure to pricing, here's what you need to know about starting a rubbish removal business.
How to start an entertainment business
Here's everything you need to know to set up and grow your entertainment business.
How to start a gardening business in Australia
Here are all the things you need to know for a successful gardening business.
How to start a dog boarding business
From the legal to the practical, here's what you need to know before opening a dog boarding company.
Ask an Expert