Mercedes-Benz C-Class insurance rates
Shedding light on car insurance prices
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Average Mercedes-Benz C-Class insurance rates
The average comprehensive insurance policy for a Mercedes-Benz C-Class is $187 a month — or $1,981 a year. Your actual cost could be more or less depending on your driving record, the number of kilometres you drive in a year and other factors. To determine our estimated cost, we aggregated quotes from 5 insurance companies using this profile:
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Over 30,000 kilometres driven yearly
- No accidents in the past five years
- Driver located in Sydney
- Car parked in garage at night
- Black vehicle
Other factors that can affect your auto insurance rate
- The Mercedes-Benz C-Class’ model year
- The colour of the vehicle
- The amount of coverage you need
- The estimated kilometres you drive in a year
- The vehicle’s safety and anti-theft features
- The driver’s location
- The driver’s age
- The driver’s driving history in the past five years
- The driver’s marital status
- The driver’s gender
About the Mercedes-Benz C-Class
The Mercedes-Benz C-Class, a line of executive compact cars, has been around since 1993. The medium luxury car is known for its strong engine options, smooth ride and elegant cabin.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for a Mercedes-Benz C-Class based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on a driver’s history and location.
Mercedes-Benz shoppers should grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before they commit. Mercedes-Benz C-Class shoppers should also do their research and see if they qualify for insurance discounts with each insurance company.
Random Mercedes-Benz Facts
- Mercedes-Benz has been around since 1926 and is a German automobile manufacturer.
- Mercedes-Benz made the first diesel engine passenger car in 1936.
- The body of a Mercedes-Benz vehicle is welded in 10,000 places. This ensures that the nuts and bolts won’t loosen as the vehicle ages.
- The first Mercedes Benz built in Australia was a 220 S Sedan, which came off the line on the 12th of February 1959.
- The cost of a Mercedes-Benz can go up to a whopping $451,000!
How does the Mercedes-Benz C-Class compare?
A 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class starts at a base price of $49,491. With the average insurance rate at $1,981 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 4%.
How safe is the Mercedes-Benz C-Class?
The Mercedes-Benz C-Class has been evaluated by the Australiasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) and received a 5-Star overall safety rating. The luxury medium car received a perfect score of 16 out of 16 for the side impact crash test by ANCAP. The independent vehicle safety advocate also gave the vehicle a very high 15.46 out of 16 rating for the frontal offset crash test.
The latest model of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class includes anti-lock brakes, stability control and overhead airbags.
More guides on Finder
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
Bentley Continental car insurance
Learn about insuring a Bentley Continental with a prestige car insurance broker
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
2021 Toyota Supra: What’s new?
Here are all the changes Toyota made to the 2021 Supra GR!
Used car values: what helps a car retain its value?
Gumtree reveals data that could help used and new car buyers save money
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class car insurance
Find out how much the average Mercedes-Benz E-Class costs to insure, as well as how to find a prestige car insurer.
Porsche Taycan car insurance
Looking for cover for a Porsche Taycan luxury electric sportscar?
2018 Toyota HiLux Review
Looking to purchase a 4x4 ute? It might be worth adding the 2018 Toyota HiLux to your shortlist.
Ask an Expert