Melbourne to host Australia’s first national fintech festival
The week-long Intersekt festival will run later this year with more than 1,000 delegates expected.
FinTech Australia, the peak industry body for Australia's burgeoning fintech industry, has announced it will be hosting the country's first fintech festival in Melbourne later this year. The festival will be held in partnership with FinTech Victoria, York Butter Factory and presented by the Victorian Government. It will run from 27 October to 3 November 2017.
FinTech Australia president Simon Cant said the festival, called Intersekt, will focus on better connecting the Australian and Asian fintech environments.
“Asia presents incredible opportunities for the Australian fintech industry, including venture capital to help grow our globally focussed fintechs," he said.
“Intersekt will play an important role to help expose our thriving fintech environment to an Asian-Pacific and global audience and bring about the connections and insights to help take our industry to the next level.”
Over 1,000 delegates are expected to attend and will be able to enjoy festival offerings that include:
- A two-day Collab/Collide summit. This event will discuss the latest domestic and international fintech trends including open data, digital identity and blockchain. The event is co-produced by FinTech Australia and Next Money.
- A two and a half day fintech hackathon
- A two-day community and corporate Melbourne showcase circuit to highlight to city's fintech ecosystem.
- An expo, pitchfest and networking opportunities
- A one-day blockchain event
FinTech Victoria CEO Alan Tsen said the organisation is excited to be involved.
"We’re thrilled to be working with Fintech Australia, Next Money and York Butter Factory to bring an event of this scale to Victoria. We feel that bringing together the Australia fintech ecosystem over a week-long festival is sure to further strengthen Victoria’s position as an emergent fintech hub.”
Find out more details about the festival here.
Picture: Intersekt Festival