11 Melbourne hotels with a balcony for a million dollar view
Snapchat these incredible views of Melbourne. You know you want to.
Wake up, order room service for breakfast, sit on your hotel balcony and soak up the sun. That’s exactly what you need when on holiday in Melbourne.
Making that happen is super easy. All you need to do is book a room with a balcony at one of these beautiful hotels boasting incredible views of the city and surrounds and your holiday will be just about made.
Views from Melbourne hotels with a balcony
|Art Series - The Olsen||Yarra River and City|
|The Langham||Yarra River and the pool deck|
|Quay West Suites Melbourne||Yarra River and City|
|Clarion Suites Gateway||City|
|Mercure Melbourne - Treasury Gardens||Treasury Gardens|
|Art Series - The Blackman||Port Phillip Bay and City|
|Mantra On Russell||City|
|Royce Hotel||Royal Botanic Gardens and City|
|Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne (Queen Street)||City|
|Aria Hotel Apartments||City|
1. Art Series - The Olsen
Part of the exquisite Art Series hotel brand, The Olsen exudes opulence and splendour. Located in South Yarra, this boutique hotel has modern interiors and features artworks by the hotel’s namesake John Olsen.
- Room to book: The Studio Suite Balcony
- View: City and Yarra River
- Extras: Full kitchenette, Art Series signature bedding
2. The Langham
Could a balcony view be any more perfect? Enjoy 19 square metres of balcony and a view of the sweeping Melbourne skyline from the Grand Balcony Room on the 10th floor.
- Room to book: Grand Balcony Room
- View: Yarra River and the pool deck
- Extras: Signature Langham Blissful Bed, marble bathroom, soft bathrobes
3. Quay West Suites Melbourne
This 5-star all-suite hotel captures views of the city and the Yarra River from its ideal location in Melbourne’s Southbank. Rooms are self-contained and guests have access to the on-site 15-metre mineral salt pool, spa and gymnasium.
- Room to book: All have private balconies
- View: Melbourne city and Yarra River
- Extras: Kitchenette, laundry facilities, 24-hour on-demand movies
4. Clarion Suites Gateway
Hit the button to the 19th floor penthouse suite of this 4.5-star hotel and enjoy panoramic views of the city. There are plenty of other suites with balconies if your budget doesn’t stretch this far.
- Room to book: Penthouse Suite
- View: Melbourne CBD
- Extras: Heated swimming pool, off-suite gym, 24-hour room service
5. The Westin
Nearly every balcony room in The Western comes with a spectacular view. Whichever way you turn in this city-based hotel, you catch sight of iconic downtown buildings.
- Room to book: Deluxe room with Juliet balcony
- View: Downtown Melbourne
- Extras: Marble bathrooms, iPod docking station, work table
6. Mercure Melbourne - Treasury Gardens
Housed between the city and the Treasury Gardens, Mercure Melbourne provides a sanctuary for anyone wanting to explore the big city without having to stay in the middle of it.
- Room to book: Privilege Room with king bed, garden view and balcony
- View: Treasury Gardens
- Extras: Free Wi-Fi, gourmet snack, Nespresso machine, newspaper, bathrobe and slippers
7. Art Series - The Blackman
Another exceptional hotel in the Art Series brand is The Blackman. Strategically placed on St Kilda Road, all rooms come with a balcony and overlook Port Phillip Bay and the city.
- Room to book: Executive Suite Balcony
- View: Port Phillip Bay and the city
- Extras: Designer furnishings; smart cars, Lekker bikes and scooters available for hire; two popular on-site restaurants
8. Mantra On Russell
Stay in the heart of the city and lap up some of its best views from your balcony. Make sure you request a balcony when you book so you don’t miss out.
- Room to book: Any with balcony
- View: Melbourne city
- Extras: Timber furnishings, kitchenette or full kitchen, indoor heated pool with no-party policy
9. Royce Hotel
When romance calls, the opulence of Royce Hotel answers. A decadent array of rich hues, plump pillows and bold artworks are sure to provide the perfect setting for the ultimate couple’s getaway.
- Room to book: Superior Deluxe, Superior Balcony
- View: Royal Botanic Gardens and the city
- Extras: 42” plasma TV, bathrobe and slippers, valet dry cleaning and laundry service
10. Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne (Queen Street)
You know the drill: put in that request to ensure you request a room with a balcony to enjoy a view of the city when you stay at Adina. Located in the heart of Melbourne’s shopping district, the hotel provides a gateway to the city’s finest shopping, bars, restaurants and nightlife.
- Room to book: 3-bedroom penthouse apartment
- View: Melbourne city
- Extras: Family-friendly accommodation, on-site fitness facilities, 24-hour reception
11. Aria Hotel Apartments
Settle into a 30-square-metre apartment with quite the view. These Southbank apartments boast killer panoramas of the CBD from its apartment balconies.
- Room to book: Favourite 1 Bedroom Apartment
- View: Melbourne city
- Extras: Full kitchen, washing machine and free Wi-Fi.
Search for more Melbourne hotels
Feature image: The Langham
Ask an Expert