11 Melbourne hotels with a balcony for a million dollar view
Snapchat these incredible views of Melbourne. You know you want to.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Wake up, order room service for breakfast, sit on your hotel balcony and soak up the sun. That’s exactly what you need when on holiday in Melbourne.
Making that happen is super easy. All you need to do is book a room with a balcony at one of these beautiful hotels boasting incredible views of the city and surrounds and your holiday will be just about made.
Part of the exquisite Art Series hotel brand, The Olsen exudes opulence and splendour. Located in South Yarra, this boutique hotel has modern interiors and features artworks by the hotel’s namesake John Olsen.
- Room to book: The Studio Suite Balcony
- View: City and Yarra River
- Extras: Full kitchenette, Art Series signature bedding
2. The Langham
Could a balcony view be any more perfect? Enjoy 19 square metres of balcony and a view of the sweeping Melbourne skyline from the Grand Balcony Room on the 10th floor.
- Room to book: Grand Balcony Room
- View: Yarra River and the pool deck
- Extras: Signature Langham Blissful Bed, marble bathroom, soft bathrobes
This 5-star all-suite hotel captures views of the city and the Yarra River from its ideal location in Melbourne’s Southbank. Rooms are self-contained and guests have access to the on-site 15-metre mineral salt pool, spa and gymnasium.
- Room to book: All have private balconies
- View: Melbourne city and Yarra River
- Extras: Kitchenette, laundry facilities, 24-hour on-demand movies
Hit the button to the 19th floor penthouse suite of this 4.5-star hotel and enjoy panoramic views of the city. There are plenty of other suites with balconies if your budget doesn’t stretch this far.
- Room to book: Penthouse Suite
- View: Melbourne CBD
- Extras: Heated swimming pool, off-suite gym, 24-hour room service
5. The Westin
Nearly every balcony room in The Western comes with a spectacular view. Whichever way you turn in this city-based hotel, you catch sight of iconic downtown buildings.
- Room to book: Deluxe room with Juliet balcony
- View: Downtown Melbourne
- Extras: Marble bathrooms, iPod docking station, work table
Housed between the city and the Treasury Gardens, Mercure Melbourne provides a sanctuary for anyone wanting to explore the big city without having to stay in the middle of it.
- Room to book: Privilege Room with king bed, garden view and balcony
- View: Treasury Gardens
- Extras: Free Wi-Fi, gourmet snack, Nespresso machine, newspaper, bathrobe and slippers
Another exceptional hotel in the Art Series brand is The Blackman. Strategically placed on St Kilda Road, all rooms come with a balcony and overlook Port Phillip Bay and the city.
- Room to book: Executive Suite Balcony
- View: Port Phillip Bay and the city
- Extras: Designer furnishings; smart cars, Lekker bikes and scooters available for hire; two popular on-site restaurants
Stay in the heart of the city and lap up some of its best views from your balcony. Make sure you request a balcony when you book so you don’t miss out.
- Room to book: Any with balcony
- View: Melbourne city
- Extras: Timber furnishings, kitchenette or full kitchen, indoor heated pool with no-party policy
9. Royce Hotel
When romance calls, the opulence of Royce Hotel answers. A decadent array of rich hues, plump pillows and bold artworks are sure to provide the perfect setting for the ultimate couple’s getaway.
- Room to book: Superior Deluxe, Superior Balcony
- View: Royal Botanic Gardens and the city
- Extras: 42” plasma TV, bathrobe and slippers, valet dry cleaning and laundry service
You know the drill: put in that request to ensure you request a room with a balcony to enjoy a view of the city when you stay at Adina. Located in the heart of Melbourne’s shopping district, the hotel provides a gateway to the city’s finest shopping, bars, restaurants and nightlife.
- Room to book: 3-bedroom penthouse apartment
- View: Melbourne city
- Extras: Family-friendly accommodation, on-site fitness facilities, 24-hour reception
Settle into a 30-square-metre apartment with quite the view. These Southbank apartments boast killer panoramas of the CBD from its apartment balconies.
- Room to book: Favourite 1 Bedroom Apartment
- View: Melbourne city
- Extras: Full kitchen, washing machine and free Wi-Fi.
How did we pick these hotels?Our editorial team selected the Melbourne hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Views from Melbourne hotels with a balcony
|Art Series - The Olsen||Yarra River and City|
|The Langham||Yarra River and the pool deck|
|Quay West Suites Melbourne||Yarra River and City|
|Clarion Suites Gateway||City|
|Mercure Melbourne - Treasury Gardens||Treasury Gardens|
|Art Series - The Blackman||Port Phillip Bay and City|
|Mantra On Russell||City|
|Royce Hotel||Royal Botanic Gardens and City|
|Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne (Queen Street)||City|
|Aria Hotel Apartments||City|
Search for more Melbourne hotels
Feature image: The Langham
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day top beauty buys: 40% off FOREO, GHD, L’Oreal
From makeup to skincare to haircare, these are the hot beauty offers we're expecting to see this Prime Day.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen will square off in what's being called Termination Day.
eBay kitchen EOFY sale: 75% off with these discount codes
Score up to 75% off cookwares and kitchen appliances when you add these 'hidden' discount codes during the eBay EFOY sale.
Why did the Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) share price drop?
Shares in the beverage maker had lifted nearly 15% since February.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Amazon Prime Day: Top hacks for Australians in the 2021 sales
From when to shop to how to split the cost of your purchase, we’ve got you covered this Prime Day.
How to invest in the Charger Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Charger Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Editor’s Picks from the Nasty Gal x We The Wild Ones new edit
Ultimate cool gals Lucy and Nikki just dropped the rock n roll edit of our dreams and here's how you can get 60% off at the checkout.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
How to invest in the PEXA Group IPO
Everything we know about the PEXA Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert