Do you have health cover with Medibank? Find out how you can save on Medibank Travel Insurance and more.
Medibank Private Limited is Australia’s leading private health fund, providing health cover to some 3.8 million people. Their core business is underwriting and distributing health insurance policies through their two brands, Medibank and ahm and they also provide a range of integrated healthcare services and complementary services including travel, pet and life insurance.
Sign up deals with Medibank Health Insurance for April 2019
What other cover options does Medibank Insurance offer?
Medibank provides four types of travel cover:
- Comprehensive. Includes 24-hour emergency worldwide assistance, overseas medical cover for hospital, accident and medical evacuation, cancellation cover for flights, accommodation and other pre-paid travel costs, cover for luggage, personal items, travel documents, credit cards and theft of cash, rental vehicle excess cover and more.
- Medical only. Includes 24-hour emergency worldwide assistance, overseas medical cover and repatriation, emergency dental expenses cover, personal liability cover and more.
- Multi-trip. Covers multiple journeys for international and domestic travel throughout the year and includes 24-hour emergency worldwide assistance, cancellation and amendment fees, cover for luggage, personal items, travel documents, credit cards and theft of cash, overseas medical cover and repatriation, rental vehicle excess cover and more.
- Australia only. Covers luggage, cancellation, travel delays/disruption and rental vehicle excess for people travelling within Australia. Includes 24-hour emergency worldwide assistance, cancellation and amendment fees, luggage and personal items, rental vehicle excess cover, additional expenses cover and travel delay expenses cover.
Medibank offers three levels of cover for your pets including:
- Essential pet care (for eight weeks old and over). Pays 70% back on eligible vet bills and includes cover for accidental injury and illness, cruciate ligament, cancer, hip dysplasia, paralysis tick, emergency boarding and vet consultations and visits.
- Ultimate pet care (from eight weeks to nine years). Pays 80% back on eligible vet bills and provides comprehensive cover for accidental injury and illness, cruciate ligament, cancer, hip dysplasia, paralysis tick, emergency boarding and vet consultations and visits.
- Emergency pet care (from eight weeks to nine years). Pays 80% back on eligible vet bills and provides cover for specified high value vet expenses that generally exceed $1,000.
Income protection insurance
Medibank’s income protection insurance provides two types of cover, depending on your employment status:
- Standard cover. If you work for at least 20 hours a week in permanent paid employment or self-employment and you suffer a disability and are not able to work in your usual occupation, a monthly income benefit will be paid.
- Essential cover. If you work less than 20 hours a week, paid or unpaid, and you suffer a disability and are not able to perform certain essential day-to-day activities, a monthly income benefit will be paid.
Medibank’s life insurance is a flexible policy with four optional components:
- Life cover. Provides a lump sum payment of up to $1.5 million if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness. Includes early payment for funeral expenses, terminal illness benefits, accidental injury benefits and guaranteed renewal for life.
- Trauma cover. Provides a lump sum payment of up to $250,000 if you suffer a specified condition including a heart attack or stroke.
- Permanently unable to work cover. Provides a lump sum payment of up to $1.25 million if you suffer an accident or illness which results in you never being able to work again.
Medibank’s funeral insurance provides your loved ones with a lump sum benefit from $3,000 up to $15,000 if you die, which can be put towards the cost of your funeral or other debts and expenses. The cost of the premiums reduces by 3% every five years you hold your policy and the benefit your family receives will never be less than the premiums you pay.
What are the benefits of Medibank Insurance?
As Australia’s leading private health fund, Medibank Insurance is able to offer its members a range of health and wellbeing programs including:
- Mi Health. Health support services that include access to online health information and tools, mobile health apps and Medibank nurses on call 24/7 on a health advice line.
- Integrated Osteoarthritis Management Program. A specialised 18-week, 3-phase osteoarthritis management program which combines weight loss, lower limb muscle strengthening and pain management strategies. Run by the Healthy Weight for Life team on behalf of Medibank, it is free to all eligible members.
- Health Hub. An online health resource overseen and maintained by Australian doctors and packed with expert advice and information.
Medibank members also have access to an extensive range of discounts and incentives including:
- A 10% discount on funeral insurance, life insurance, pet insurance, travel insurance and income protection insurance
- 20% off Michelle Bridges’ 12WBT weight loss program
- Up to 25% off casual Gymbetter gym visits
- The chance to win a share of 18 million Flybuy bonus points when you link your membership to your Flybuys account
- Discounted tickets every Thursday at Palace Cinemas
- A free 6-month Bronze Membership with GolfLife
- 25% off Fitbit trackers & Aria scales
- 25% off selected TomTom sports products
- Up to 20% off selected Philips Avent infant-feeding products
- 15% off SRC Health pregnancy, recovery and active wear
- Up to 20% off at Motherworld
- 15% off selected sunnies at Sunglass Hut
- 15% off Active Plus memberships at Goodlife Health Clubs
Speak to a health insurance advisor
What you'll get:
- 100% free expert advice
- Pay the same as going direct
- Instant advice if you call 1300 594 882