MBFWA 2019 trend: Puffed sleeves
Puffed sleeves are the big trend that you're about to be wearing.
If there's one trend that we've seen in just about every fashion week show this year, it has to be puffed sleeves. Whether it's in paisley, polka-dots, chiffon or even in a striking metallic, every designer seems to have their own version of this statement sleeve.
This girly, playful and actually surprisingly flattering trend has infiltrated its way onto the catwalks of brands like Tigerlily, Lee Mathews, Alice McCall and Aje. So there's a strong bet that this is the style everyone will be wearing in six months' time. Just wait and see!Alice McCall and Hansen & Gretel showed a demure version of this style. A gentler iteration that would be perfect to test the waters if you're still not 100% sold on this trend. But brands like Bec & Bridge, Aje and Thurley did not hold back. Their bold, voluminous, almost Victorian approach, is a statement for sure. These are the brands to look out for if you're wanting to fully embrace this high-fashion trend.
Keep reading to see our favourite puffed sleeve looks from the catwalks of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week 2019. Or you can check out the rest of our MBFWA coverage including our breakdown of the animal print trend and the 70s glam looks from the catwalk.
Bec & Bridge
Hansen & Gretel
- The PrettyLittleThing x Becky G collection just dropped and my wallet is shaking.
- Deal alert: Shop a massive 40% off at THE ICONIC
- Get your designer fashion fix with up to 80% off at THE OUTNET
- Here are the 11 wardrobe staples you need to dress like those girls on Pinterest
- Best fashion sales of the week: Katies, The Outnet and THE ICONIC