MBFWA 2019 trend: Metallics
Images: Getty Images
We hope you love bold metals because you're about to see a lot of them.
One of the biggest trends we saw from the catwalks of the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia this year will have you shining bright like a diamond. We're talking bold, mirror ball-worthy metallics. Love it or hate it, metals are having a moment.
This dazzling call back to the heyday of disco has had a resurgence in some of the S/S 19 collections from prominent international designers. We're talking names like Balmain and Roberto Cavalli. So it's unsurprising that we're seeing this trend represented by Australian designers in their resort 20 collections at MBFWA.
Pink, gold or silver, we've seen metallics in all shades and shapes. Mariam Seddiq showed us sleek, tailored, silver metals and golden voluminous dresses. Alice McCall took a flirty approach, showcasing metallic dresses with all the bells and whistles – frills, ruffles, flowers and love-heart motifs. Even Thurley played with metals, showing a pair of asymmetric cocktail dresses.
Ready or not, bold metals are making a return like so many of the other 70s glam trends we've witnessed this week. Keep scrolling to see our favourite metallic looks from some of our favourite designers from MBFWA 2019.
- 10 Aussie fashion TikTok creators you need to follow
- Top 2021 Halloween Costumes from Squid Game to Harry Styles at the Grammys
- Party Time: THE ICONIC are flogging 30% off hundreds of items for their 10th bday
- It’s National Buy Aussie Day so here are our fave brands to shop Down Under
- Editor’s Picks: Get 25% off Bally staples that’ll work in your wardrobe forever