Max Cash Loans
Get a cash loan up to $10,000 even if you have bad credit
Max Cash is no longer in operation. This information is for historical records only.
Maximum loan amount
Next Business Day
Term of loan
|Product Name||Max Cash Loans|
|Minimum loan amount||$1,600|
|Maximum loan amount||$10,000|
|Loan term||6-12 months|
|Turnaround time||Next Business Day|
|Costs||Fees and charges will be set out and based on your credit score and worthiness.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
- Max Cash is no longer in operation. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested.
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How do Max Cash Loans work?
You have to start by completing an online application, and you can apply for any amount in between $1,600 and $10,000. The online application takes around five minutes to complete, and once you submit the application, you receive a response almost immediately. If Max Cash approves your loan, it will discuss suitable repayment options with you and present you with a loan contract in accordance. The loan term can vary between six and 12 months.
Go through the terms and conditions in the loan contract and sign the documents digitally if you find them acceptable. Once you accept the contract, Max Cash transfers the approved funds into your bank account.
After receiving your funds you have to start making repayments as per the repayment plan until you repay the loan completely.
Other cash loans you can apply for.
Whilst we don't compare this loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Features of a loan from Max CashMax Cash Loans come with various features, and knowing of them ahead of time can only help, so here’s what you can expect.
- Quick and easy application process. The online application process to get a Max Cash loan is easy and takes little time. Compared to more conventional lenders, Max Cash does not require you to complete multiple forms and you don’t have to sit through in-person interviews.
- Flexibility in loan amount. A number of payday loan providers have low maximums when it comes to how much you can borrow, but with Max Cash you can look forward to borrowing up to $10,000. The minimum you can borrow is $1,600.
- Loan term flexibility. The loan term can have a significant effect on your repayment size, and since these loans come with loan terms between 6-12 months, you can select a loan term to suit your budget.
- Bad credit considered. While many mainstream lenders don’t consider applications from individuals who have poor credit, this is not the case with Max Cash. You can apply for this loan with bad credit as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and have the ability to repay your loan.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
What borrowing will cost
As with loans provided by other lenders, Max Cash Loans attract certain fees and charges. Max Cash follows a transparent fee policy, giving you a clear breakdown of all associated fees and charges upfront as part of the loan’s contract. There are no other hidden fees and charges you have to worry about.
Make sure you go through the offer document carefully before you sign it and check if you find all the fees and charges acceptable. You have the option of not accepting the loan contract if you don't find the terms and fees acceptable, and in this scenario you don’t have any obligations towards the loan or Max Cash.
How to apply for a loan from Max Cash
You have to visit the Max Cash website and complete an online application. There is certain eligibility criteria in place, and so borrowers need to be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Permanent Australian residents
- Earning a steady source of income
The first step of the application process requires you to enter the desired loan amount, the purpose of the loan, what you plan to use as security, and your credit history. If you get through the pre-approval stage, you have to provide the following details.
- Personal details like your name, date of birth, and driver’s license number
- Your contact details
- Employment-related information
- Details about your income and expenses
Please bear in mind that it is always a good idea to compare short term loans before applying.