Creator of The Simpsons bringing new comedy series to Netflix
The show will star elves, demons and drunken princesses.
Good news, everyone! Netflix will soon be home to the latest comedy series from Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons and Futurama. Titled Disenchantment, the fantasy-themed animated show is set in the medieval kingdom of Dreamland and centres on Bean, a princess with a strong love of booze. She is joined by two quirky companions: an elf named Elfo, and a demon named Luci.
Groening has stated that the show will explore themes of life, death, love and sex, with a focus on how to find the bright side in a world plagued by fools and suffering. Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) will voice protagonist Bean, while Nat Faxon (Ben and Kate) and Eric Andre (Man Seeking Woman) will lend their pipes to Elfo and Luci respectively.
The first 10 episodes of Disenchantment are slated to hit Netflix in 2018.
- Everything Sucks! Season 1 review: Young love hopes and 90s tropes spring eternal
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports
- Where to stream gymnastics in Australia
- 5 reasons why lapsed Grey’s Anatomy fans should return to Season 14 right now
- Where to watch The Bachelor US online in Australia