Bookmark these 11 retailers when shopping for new dresses while you have a baby onboard.
If the time has come to #stylethebump, then say no more. You’ve come to the right place! Despite what you’ve heard (or seen), dressing your belly during pregnancy can be just as fashionable as your regular wardrobe attire. With retailers jumping on board the baby train, it’s easier than ever to find affordable, on-trend maternity dresses.
Whether you need a frock to wear to a fancy occasion or comfy-casual wear-anywhere dresses, maternity style just got a whole lot better. Scroll on to meet the retailers stocking mama-to-be maternity dresses online.
11 of the best shopping sites that stock maternity dresses
ASOS is a leading online destination when it comes to range and style. Its maternity section offers fashion-forward edits and clothing for every occasion at affordable prices. One advantage of shopping at ASOS is having access to the exclusive ASOS line, which is even cheaper – if you can believe it!
- Free returns within 28 days
- Stocks maternity multi-packs
- Free standard delivery on orders over $40
- Free express delivery on orders over $125
Bonds boasts affordable prices and high-quality products for women, kids and baby, including a maternity-specific section.
- Sign up to the Bonds & Me loyalty program to receive 20% off all purchases
- Free standard shipping across Australia
- Express delivery for $9.95
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date
- Australian store
3. David Jones
David Jones is Australia’s oldest department store, stocking Australian and international leading labels. The online site doesn’t offer a maternity section, but you can find maternity wear through the search function.
- Free delivery when you use your David Jones store card
- Returns for new items within a reasonable timeframe
- Australian department store
- Standard delivery in 3-7 business days
- Next-day delivery in metro areas
- 3-hour delivery available in Sydney
Producing good-quality clothing in an eco-friendly manner for men, women and children, Esprit lives and breathes the motto ‘authentic, easy living’. You will find a small maternity offering on the website that’s comfortable, practical and stylish.
- Eco-friendly and socially conscious
- Offers vegetable-dyed fabrics
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Esprit Friends loyalty program offers exclusive benefits and offers
- Refunds accepted within 28 days of purchase
American brand J.Crew is a site for the modern mama. Renowned for being stylish and sophisticated, its design team pulls the most popular styles each season and reworks them into maternity wear to continue bringing customers what they want, when they need it.
- Socially responsible
- Environmentally friendly
- Standard shipping takes 5-9 business days
- Free returns within 60 days of purchase
Jeanswest is an Aussie retailer regarded as a one-stop shop for affordable, well-made denim for men and women. Its maternity edit has won awards and provides the season's best styles to women with a growing belly bump.
- All denim comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Award-winning maternity styles and range
- Free standard delivery on orders over $75
- Ethical sourcing
- Free returns within 30 days on all denim
Marks & Spencer's maternity section continues the British retailer’s reputation as the place for quality, stylish fashion that keeps pace with global trends. The edit stocks the Marks & Spencer’s label, M&S Collection.
- Free delivery to Australia on orders over £30
- Returns accepted for unused items
- UK-based store
- Delivery to Australia within 10-14 business days
9. New Look
New Look is one of the UK’s leading fast-fashion retailers, bringing cutting-edge fashion to women worldwide at affordable prices. New Look’s maternity edit recreates classics and hot-right-now trends.
- Free delivery on orders over £65
- 28-day returns
- UK-based store
- Delivery in 7-9 business days
10. THE ICONIC
The leading Aussie online retailer sources the most coveted Australian and international brands and boasts over 45,000 products. While there’s no dedicated maternity section, it’s easy to find basics and comfy footwear suitable to wear during pregnancy.
- Free delivery on orders over $50
- Free returns within 100 days
- 3-hour delivery to metro Sydney
Another favourite among fashion-savvy men and women, Topshop has built a reputation as a trendsetter worldwide. The brand’s expansive maternity edit has everything from sexy bodycon dresses to the season’s best prints.
- Huge range
- Topshop Unique available
- Returns within 14 days of purchase date
- Free standard delivery on orders over $100, arrives within 9 business days
Find our top picks below to suit any occasion:
Maternity dresses to wear to a wedding
Maternity dresses to wear to a baby shower
Formal maternity dresses
Cheap maternity dresses
Top tips when buying maternity dresses and clothing online
- Know what styles suit you and flaunt your best assets! There’s no need to step out daily in a moo moo if you like to show off your curves. Buy the bodycon – everyone loves a baby belly.
- Put your best foot forward in flats. Comfort and practicality during your pregnancy are key. Sure, you may be going to a wedding, but you need flats if you plan on dancing the night away.
- Look for breathable fabrics. Silk, cotton and linen are your best friend. Steer clear of synthetics.
- Opt for the layered look. During pregnancy, your body temperature is likely to change. Layering up day-to-day will keep you comfortable.
- Stock up on tight maternity tops or dresses. Work these under jackets you already own.
- Check in with your friends who have just become mothers. Not only will they have great tips, they may have some clothes you can recycle on yourself.
- Google your favourite celebrities! Copy the women who have been there, done that. Blake Lively, Kim Kardashian and Princess Kate are all part of the modern mama group.
- Keep track of your measurements. This is particularly important for shopping online and will ensure you won’t have to return as much.
- Discover styles from the non-maternity section that work. Babydoll dresses, A-line skirts and dresses are easy to wear anytime and are the economical choice if you’ve only got one bub on the cards.
- Borrow from your partner. It goes without saying – the man-style is a thing. Reach for your man’s roomy t-shirts and boxers for lazy days around the house.
The best retailers when it comes to shopping for maternity clothes online
Jeans and denim:
Get it cheaper: The best deals for maternity dresses online
Up to 50% off women's clothing
Get up to 50% off women's clothing at Esprit