Mamas-to-be, here’s where to buy your maternity dresses online
Bookmark these 11 retailers when shopping for new dresses while you have a baby on board.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If the time has come to #stylethebump, then say no more. You’ve come to the right place! Despite what you’ve heard (or seen), dressing your belly during pregnancy can be just as fashionable as your regular wardrobe attire. With retailers jumping on board the baby train, it’s easier than ever to find affordable, on-trend maternity dresses.
Whether you need a frock to wear to a fancy occasion or comfy-casual wear-anywhere dresses, maternity style just got a whole lot better. Scroll on to meet the retailers stocking mama-to-be maternity dresses online.
11 of the best shopping sites that stock maternity dresses
American brand J.Crew is a site for the modern mama. Renowned for being stylish and sophisticated, its design team pulls the most popular styles each season and reworks them into maternity wear to continue bringing customers what they want, when they need it.
- Socially responsible
- Environmentally friendly
- Standard shipping takes 5-9 business days
- Free returns within 60 days of purchase
10. New Look
New Look is one of the UK’s leading fast-fashion retailers, bringing cutting-edge fashion to women worldwide at affordable prices. New Look’s maternity edit recreates classics and hot-right-now trends.
- Free delivery on orders over £65
- 28-day returns
- UK-based store
- Delivery in 7-9 business days
Another favourite among fashion-savvy men and women, Topshop has built a reputation as a trendsetter worldwide. The brand’s expansive maternity edit has everything from sexy bodycon dresses to the season’s best prints.
- Huge range
- Topshop Unique available
- Returns within 14 days of purchase date
- Free standard delivery on orders over $100, arrives within 9 business days
Find our top picks below to suit any occasion:
Maternity dresses to wear to a wedding
Maya maternity embellished bodice maxi dress $180
Camilla drawstring dress $599
Maternity dresses to wear to a baby shower
Maternity leopard print skater dress $60
Maternity drape t-shirt dress $53
Woven midi dress $40
Formal maternity dresses
Isabella oliver one shoulder maxi dress $399
Maternity kimono maxi dress in sequin $180
Grace & Hart compassion drape gown $196
Cheap maternity dresses
Top tips when buying maternity dresses and clothing online
- Know what styles suit you and flaunt your best assets! There’s no need to step out daily in a moo moo if you like to show off your curves. Buy the bodycon – everyone loves a baby belly.
- Put your best foot forward in flats. Comfort and practicality during your pregnancy are key. Sure, you may be going to a wedding, but you need flats if you plan on dancing the night away.
- Look for breathable fabrics. Silk, cotton and linen are your best friend. Steer clear of synthetics.
- Opt for the layered look. During pregnancy, your body temperature is likely to change. Layering up day-to-day will keep you comfortable.
- Stock up on tight maternity tops or dresses. Work these under jackets you already own.
- Check in with your friends who have just become mothers. Not only will they have great tips, they may have some clothes you can recycle on yourself.
- Google your favourite celebrities! Copy the women who have been there, done that. Blake Lively, Kim Kardashian and Princess Kate are all part of the modern mama group.
- Keep track of your measurements. This is particularly important for shopping online and will ensure you won’t have to return as much.
- Discover styles from the non-maternity section that work. Babydoll dresses, A-line skirts and dresses are easy to wear anytime and are the economical choice if you’ve only got one bub on the cards.
- Borrow from your partner. It goes without saying – the man-style is a thing. Reach for your man’s roomy t-shirts and boxers for lazy days around the house.
The best retailers when it comes to shopping for maternity clothes online
Jeans and denim:
Get it cheaper: The best deals for maternity dresses online
More guides on Finder
Best controllers for PCs in Australia
These are the best PC controllers you can buy right now in Australia.
Best RC planes in Australia
From the best RC plane for beginners to the top model for aerial photography, these are the six best RC planes in Australia right now.
Best caravan parks on the Sunshine Coast
Discover more than just idyllic beaches and untouched national parks along the Sunshine Coast.
Best setting powders in Australia
These are the eight best setting powders in Australia right now.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Enjoy 26% off the Lenovo Duet Chromebook, 69% off the Cabello Silk Smooth Styler and 21% off the Dell G7 17 Gaming Laptop.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Companion 60L portable fridge review
With great performance and a durable metal design, the Companion 60L portable fridge is a top buy when camping on a budget.
Best portable fridge freezers in Australia 2021: Single Zone
There’s no shortage of cooling options when camping, working or 4WDing, but what are the best portable fridge freezers in Australia?
Best hiking tents in Australia
These are the seven best hiking tents you can buy right now in Australia.
Best 55-inch TVs in Australia
These are the best 55-inch TVs you can buy right now in Australia.
Ask an Expert