Say farewell to frumpy maternity clothes and the days of dressing daggy during your pregnancy and say hello to looking fabulous round-the-clock from day dot.
Given that you’re dressing for two now, employ the notion that you can look twice as nice.
If you were guilty of Googling Blake Lively during her baby bump time or find yourself stalking Kimmy K for new Insta pics each morning (who isn’t?) then this is the guide for you. These mums have the maternity clothes thing well and truly sorted. It’s all about finding your sartorially savvy maternity uniform and what suits your growing belly. The not-so-secret trick is to stock up on multiple colours and buy twin packs! (Pun intended.)
11 of the best shopping sites that stock maternity wear
ASOS is a leading online destination when it comes to range and style. Its maternity section offers fashion-forward edits and clothing for every occasion at affordable prices. An advantage of shopping at ASOS is having access to the exclusive ASOS line, which is even cheaper - if you can believe it!
- Free returns within 28 days
- Stocks maternity multi packs
- Free standard delivery on orders over $40
- Free express delivery on orders over $125
Bonds boasts affordable prices and high quality products for women, kids and baby - including a maternity specific section.
- Sign up to the Bonds & Me loyalty program to receive 20% off all purchases
- Free standard shipping across Australia
- Express delivery for $9.95
- Returns within 30 days of purchase date
- Current promotion allows returns within 100 days (ends 31/08/2015)
- Australian store
3. David Jones
David Jones is Australia’s oldest department store, stocking Australian and international leading labels. The online site doesn’t offer a maternity section, but you will find a number of maternity ranges available through the search function.
- Free delivery when you use your David Jones Store Card
- Returns for new items within a reasonable timeframe
- Australian department store
- Standard delivery in 3–7 business days
- Next day delivery in metro areas
- 3-hour delivery available in Sydney
Producing good quality clothing in an eco-friendly manner for men, women and children, Esprit lives and breathes the motto ‘Authentic, easy living.’ You will find a small maternity offering on the website that’s comfortable, practical and stylish.
- Eco-friendly and socially conscious
- Offers vegetable dyed fabrics
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Espirit Friends loyalty program offers exclusive benefits and offers
- Refunds within 28 days of purchase
American brand J.Crew is a site for the modern mama. Renowned for being stylish and sophisticated, its design team pull the most popular selling styles each season and rework them into maternity wear to continue bringing customers what they want, when they need it.
- Socially responsible
- Environmentally friendly
- Standard shipping 5-9 business days
- Free returns within 60 days of purchase
Jeanswest is an Aussie-based retailer regarded as a one-stop-shop for affordable, well-made denim for men and women. Its maternity edit has won awards and provides women with the season’s best styles made for a growing belly bump.
- All denim comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Award-winning maternity styles and range
- Free standard delivery on orders over $75
- Ethical sourcing
- Free returns within 30 days on all denim range
Marks and Spencer's maternity section continues the British retailer’s reputation as the place for quality, stylish fashion that keeps pace with global trends. The edit stocks the Marks and Spencer’s label: M&S Collection.
- Free delivery to Australia for orders over £30
- Returns are accepted for unused items
- UK-based store
- Delivery to Australia within 10–14 business days
9. New Look
New Look is one of the UK’s leading fast fashion retailers, bringing cutting-edge fashion to women worldwide at affordable prices. New Look’s maternity edit recreates classics and hot-right-now trends.
- Free delivery over £65
- 28 day returns
- UK-based store
- Delivery in 7–9 business days
10. THE ICONIC
The leading Aussie online retailer sources the most coveted Australian and international brands and boasts over 45,000 products. Whilst there’s no dedicated maternity section, it’s easy to find basics and comfy footwear suitable to wear during pregnancy.
- Free delivery on orders over $50
- Free returns within 100 days
- 3-hour delivery in Sydney metro
Another favourite among fashion-savvy men and women, Topshop has built a reputation as a trendsetters worldwide. The brand’s expansive maternity edit has everything from sexy bodycon dresses to the season’s best prints.
- Huge range
- Topshop Unique available
- Returns within 14 days of purchase date
- Free standard delivery on orders over $100, within 9 business days
Top tips when buying maternity wear
- Know what styles suit you (and flaunt your best assets!) There’s no need to step out daily in a moo moo if you like to show off your curves. Buy the bodycon - everyone loves a baby belly.
- Put your best foot forward in flats. Comfort and practicality during your pregnancy are key.
- Look for breathable fabrics. Silk, cotton and linen are your best friend. Steer clear of synthetics.
- Opt for the layered look. During your pregnancy your body temperature is likely to change. Layering up day-to-day will keep you comfortable.
- Stock up on tight maternity tops. Work these under jackets you already own.
- Check in with your friends who have just become mothers. Not only will they have great tips, they may have some clothes you can recycle that are no longer useful to them.
- Google your favourite celebrities! Copy the women who have been there, done that. Blake Lively, Kim Kardashian and Princess Kate are all apart of the modern mama group.
- Keep track of your measurements. This is particularly important for shopping online and will ensure you won’t have to return as much.
- Discover styles from the non-maternity section that work. Babydoll dresses, A-line skirts and dresses are easy to wear anytime and are the economical choice if you’ve only got one bub on the cards.
- Borrow from your partner. It goes without saying the man-style is a thing. Reach for your man’s roomy t-shirts and boxers for cruisy days around the house.
Here are the best Instagram maternity mummies to follow, #stylethebump
Love her or hate her, Mrs West pulls off baby glam better than anyone.
Not long to go for Supermodel and Actress, Lily Cole. The casual comfy vibe has our tick of approval.
That's right, our Aussie beauty changed her handle. Lara knew how to #stylethebump.
The best retailers when it comes to shopping for maternity clothes online for:
Jeans and Denim:
Get it cheaper: The best deals for maternity clothes online:
Up to 50% off women's clothing
Get up to 50% off women's clothing at Esprit
Go forth and add to your shopping cart!