Cheap flights to Maldives for 2021
Experience the best of Maldives and save on flights.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Luxury resorts, island huts overlooking the water and white-sand beaches make up the tropical Maldives. It's paradise on earth and you can get to it on a variety of airlines both budget and luxury - so you won't have to break the budget for an idyllic getaway.
Read on to learn the best way to get to your ideal island paradise with cheap flights and transportation to your accommodation.
Latest deals on flights to Maldives deals
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Maldives
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of flights from Australia to Maldives.
Maldives flight time
- From Brisbane: Approximately 14 hrs 15 mins with one stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
- From Sydney: Approximately 26 hrs 10 mins + with one stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 11 hrs 05 mins + with a stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 15 hrs 15 mins + with a stopover, landing at Velana International Airport
Airlines that fly to Maldives
- Cathay Pacific
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Maldives insider flight tips
- There are multiple international airports in Maldives, but Velana International Airport is the hub serving international travellers. It is also known as Malé International Airport.
- There are no direct flights from Australia to Maldives, so travellers will fly from Australia to a layover destination and then on to the Maldives main airport in Malé.
How to get around Maldives from the airport
Most of the resorts in the Maldives are on private or smaller islands away from Malé. After arriving at Velana International Airport, travellers can take a speedboat to Malé City or resorts, board a seaplane transfer or the airport ferry. Uber is not available in Maldives.
More guides on Finder
How to pick a proven budgeting strategy that works for you
We've compared 3 popular approaches to help sort your finances.
Property prices: You need a $100K deposit in every capital city – except this one
Saving a 20% deposit for the median priced property in most Australian cities is a six figure task.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
Bi-weekly gains of just under 9%.
Ask an Expert