The Maldives is a collection of idyllic islands that create a heavenly paradise. Luxury, water sports and crystal-clear waters create the perfect picturesque holiday. Many resorts are located on their own island, offering private beaches with outdoor pools and rooms that overlook the sea.
The Maldives really is perfection and provides the ultimate relaxation holiday. We’ve got the best resorts to stay at without going over budget.
How did we pick these Maldives hotels?
Our editorial team selected the Maldives hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Which sites let me book Maldives accommodation with free cancellation?
These sites let you make a refundable booking for your trip to Maldives, so there's less risk of losing the cost of your stay or deposit. Some sites only offer free cancellation on select Maldives hotels or at a slightly higher rate, so it's best to check the terms on your booking before confirming your stay.
Most sites, like Wotif or Expedia, will clearly state whether each Maldives hotel is non-refundable.
See the latest coupon codes
Which sites let me use a coupon code to book Maldives accommodation?
Using one of our coupon codes at these sites will save you money on your Maldives stay. Some may ask you to pay for your stay upfront rather than on arrival in order to apply the code to your Maldives booking, but the same cancellation policy does apply so if you are able to cancel, you'll be able to get refunded.
Which sites let me book Maldives accommodation without a credit card?
If you don't have a credit card to make your Maldives booking, but would like to reap the rewards of one, compare credit cards that offer hotel rewards here
Which Maldives hotel booking sites have rewards programs?
Get access to cheaper prices, collect points toward free stays and get extra perks like Wi-Fi or breakfast if you book your Maldives accommodation on sites like these:
- Wotif: Part of the same family, Wotif lets you access the same benefits as the Expedia Rewards program. You'll get access to lower rates and earn points, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Depending on how often you make bookings, you'll be able to get bigger discounts and earn more perks like breakfast.
- Agoda: PointsMAX lets you earn up to 6,000 points for your stay that you can put toward a preferred loyalty or frequent flyer program, including KrisFlyer and Velocity.
- Trip.com: Trip Coins is Trip.com's rewards program where you can earn $1 for every 100 Trip Coins. It's free to join the program. Membership tiers from Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond have different perks to enjoy.
- Hotels.com: Collect one stamp for every night's stay. Once you stay for 10 nights, you'll be able to redeem one free night up to the average value of your previous 10 nights.
- Expedia.com.au: Access lower rates as a member and earn Expedia points on bookings, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Different levels of membership get you access to deeper discounts and perks, such as free breakfasts.
- Marriott: The Marriott Bonvoy Benefits program lets you earn points towards free nights, access special member rates, get free Wi-Fi with your stay and check into your room via the mobile app. There are different status levels depending on how often you stay, starting with Silver Elite (10 nights per year).
Maldives accommodation deals
Image: Gangehi Island Resort