Malaysia flights from $190 return
Fly non-stop to Kuala Lumpur from four Australian cities, starting from just $190 return.
AirAsia's Mega Sale comes just four times a year and with it comes remarkable deals on budget flights into Asia. Being its base city, Kuala Lumpur boasts some of the cheapest fares on offer with flights from just $190 return when flying out of Perth.
And being its home city, you're guaranteed direct flights from all across Australia, specifically Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and the Gold Coast.
The cheapest fares out of each city are as follows:
- Perth–Kuala Lumpur: From $190 return travelling in February-March 2019.
- Melbourne–Kuala Lumpur: From $256 return travelling in October 2018.
- Sydney–Kuala Lumpur: From $258 return travelling in November-December 2018.
- Gold Coast–Kuala Lumpur: From $262 travelling in September 2018.
Travel ranges throughout the year and in to early 2019, though using Skyscanner's monthly price tool the cheaper dates sit in October - November 2018 and February - March 2019.
You can play with dates all you want, but to make it simpler just look for the ones you'd prefer in the search bar below for the lowest fares around.
There's no set end date to this sale with fares available only until sold out.
How good are these fares?
The benchmark for cheap flights to Malaysia flying budget is under $200 so this sale is right on the mark. While these aren't the cheapest flights we've seen to Malaysia with the airline lately, that being $188 return last August, they're definitely in that bargain space and are for those optimal travel months from November-March when rainfall is at its lowest.
Find cheap flights to Kuala Lumpur
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do