Did you know your doorstep is the latest hotspot for shoplifters?
Online shoppers beware. Check out these snaps of parcels being stolen right off the doorstep.
Whenever there's a question about the security and safety of online shopping it's usually around the issue of payment options and credit card details – no one expects the real security threat to come after your parcel has actually been delivered.
With the current online shopping boom thanks to sales event like Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the upcoming Vogue Online Shopping Night, an abundance of boxes and parcels are arriving at homes across the country and many Aussie bargain hunters don't realise that this is an opportunistic time for thieves.
Research conducted by Nest found that on average 17% of Australians have had parcels stolen from their mailboxes and doorsteps. And this figure is expected to inflate during peak shopping periods like the Christmas shopping period where Australians will spend an estimated $50 billion.
In fact, some of the more daring thieves have been caught on Nest Security cameras shoplifting right off Australian doorsteps.
Shoppers are advised not to leave packages outside their homes for long periods. And if you can't be home to take your packages inside, then try having them delivered to work or an Australia post parcel locker instead.
- Car roof box buying guide: How to find the best roof box for your car
- Best tyre pressure monitoring systems: Compare prices, types and features of popular brands
- Carry-on luggage buying guide: What you should know before you buy your next suitcase
- Paper shredder buying guide: How to find the best device for your home or office
- Baby thermometer buying guide: How to choose the best thermometer for your family