Why not get Qantas Points with your home loan?
The Macquarie Bank Flyer Home Loan is a flexible mortgage for homebuyers and refinancers that earns you significant Qantas Points, making it easier to travel while paying off your property, although you will need a 30% deposit.
What do I need to know about this loan?
The Macquarie Bank Flyer Home Loan acts like a normal variable rate, principal and interest loan, except you can earn Qantas Points. Be aware that, with a maximum LVR of 70%, you will need a 30% deposit.
How many Qantas Points can you earn?
With this loan, you will receive the following:
- 10,000 Qantas Points for every $100,000 drawn at settlement.
- 1,000 Qantas Points each month of your mortgage as long as the loan balance is at least $150,000.
- 25,000 extra points on the third and fifth "anniversaries" of your loan (calculated from the day of settlement).
- You can earn a further 80,000 points if you submit an application between 3 September 2018 and 31 March 2019 and settle by 30 June 2019.
You can spend these points on international or domestic flights, hotels and more.
What are the features and benefits of the Macquarie Bank Flyer Home Loan?
- Loan amount and purpose. The Macquarie Bank Flyer Home Loan has a minimum borrowing amount of just $150,000 and a maximum borrowing amount of $5,000,000.
- Extra repayments. You can make extra repayments without penalty.
- Loan-to-value ratio. You can borrow up to 70% of your property's value.
- Fees. There are a couple of fees with this loan, but most of them only apply when exiting the loan or refinancing. In other words, they aren't upfront fees.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Lender's legal fee: 330+GST for standard deal. This fee covers the legal costs of your mortgage.
- Switching fee: $250. You pay this fee when refinancing to another loan with the same lender.
- Valuation fee: at cost above $300. This is the fee charged by the bank to value your property.
- Exit fee: $400. There is a fee charged for discharging the mortgage, whether by refinancing or paying off the entire loan.
How do I apply for this loan?
If you've done your research and think the Macquarie Bank Flyer Home Loan is right for you, just click the green button and follow the application process to speak to a lending specialist from Macquarie.