Macquarie Rewards Program
Find out how you can earn Macquarie Rewards points with a credit card and how to redeem them for cashback or eGift cards.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to earn Macquarie Rewards points
The Macquarie Platinum and Macquarie Black credit cards offer the following earn rates on your spending.
|Card type||Reward points earn rate|
|Macquarie Platinum||Earn 1.25 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, up to $200,000 a year.|
|Macquarie Black||Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.|
Certain transactions, such as cash advances and balance transfers as well as any restricted transactions specified under the Macquarie Rewards Program’s terms and conditions, are not eligible for points.
How to redeem Macquarie Rewards points
You can redeem your Macquarie Rewards points through the Macquarie Mobile Banking app or Macquarie Online. Once you have logged in to your account, you will be able to see your point balance and browse rewards from the following two categories:
- eGift cards. You can redeem your points for digital gift cards from leading brands including Bunnings Warehouse, Myer, JB Hi-Fi and Woolworths. Redemptions start from 3,850 points for a $20 digital gift card.
- Cashback. You can redeem Macquarie Rewards points for cashback to an eligible Macquarie account, starting from $20 cashback for 5,500 points.
Steps to redeem Macquarie Rewards points
- Log into your account through Macquarie Online Banking or the Macquarie Mobile Banking app.
- Click through to Macquarie Marketplace.
- Choose between Cashback and eGift cards, then follow the prompts to complete your redemption.
Ways to boost your Macquarie Rewards balance
- Sign-up bonus points. The Macquarie Platinum credit card offers 20,000 bonus Macquarie Reward points when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases within 60 days of approval, while the Macquarie Black offers 20,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 within 60 days of card approval.
- Additional cardholders. Sharing your account with a partner or other family member gives you a way to earn points faster, as any eligible spending they do with their additional card will also earn you points. Note that you will still be responsible for paying off the balance and keeping the account in good standing.
Mistakes to avoid with a Macquarie Rewards credit card
As with all credit cards, there are some pitfalls to avoid at all costs:
- Overspending. With the prospect of earning points for every $1 spent, you may find yourself tempted to buy more with a credit card, which could lead to ongoing debt.
- Carrying a balance. This is a sure route to debt, since carrying a monthly balance means paying interest on it. It also means you won’t be eligible for interest-free days in the following month, which results in even more interest fees accrued on your purchases.
- Not considering the standard rates. Even if a card’s promotional interest rate is 0%, it will eventually come to an end. Failing to consider the revert or standard rates on a card can lead to high interest fees and debt when the promotional period is over.
- Making new purchases when you have transferred a balance. As long as you carry an outstanding balance on your account, you will not enjoy interest-free days on new purchases. Whether you’ve had a balance transfer or haven’t paid your bill in full for other reasons, making new purchases on the card will incur interest fees immediately.
- Making cash advance transactions. Cash advance transactions aren’t eligible for points and commonly attract high interest charges and fees. Cash advances include ATM withdrawals as well as the purchase of money orders, foreign currencies, prepaid cards, shopping or gift cards and gambling items.
- Not using other complimentary extras. Since you’re indirectly paying for the card’s perks (via the annual fee), it would be wise to make full use of them. This is why it’s prudent to choose a card with complimentary extras that you’ll regularly use, since all these features affect the value of your card.
The Macquarie Rewards Program is one of many credit card reward programs on the market. This makes it’s important to compare a variety of options so you can find a card that fits with your spending patterns and goals.
Image: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Ask an Expert