Los Angeles is a sprawling mecca with activities and areas to suit all travel styles. From the sun-kissed shores of Santa Monica to the cheap rooms in downtown LA, we've sussed out some of the best stays in the most popular areas for your convenience.
Los Angeles hotels by area and style
How did we pick these Los Angeles hotels?
Our editorial team selected the Los Angeles hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Which sites let me book Los Angeles accommodation with free cancellation?
These sites let you make a refundable booking for your trip to Los Angeles, so there's less risk of losing the cost of your stay or deposit. Some sites only offer free cancellation on select Los Angeles hotels or at a slightly higher rate, so it's best to check the terms on your booking before confirming your stay.
Most sites, like Wotif or Expedia, will clearly state whether each Los Angeles hotel is non-refundable.
See the latest coupon codes
Which sites let me use a coupon code to book Los Angeles accommodation?
Using one of our coupon codes at these sites will save you money on your Los Angeles stay. Some may ask you to pay for your stay upfront rather than on arrival in order to apply the code to your Los Angeles booking, but the same cancellation policy does apply so if you are able to cancel, you'll be able to get refunded.
Which sites let me book Los Angeles accommodation without a credit card?
If you don't have a credit card to make your Los Angeles booking, but would like to reap the rewards of one, compare credit cards that offer hotel rewards here
Which Los Angeles hotel booking sites have rewards programs?
Get access to cheaper prices, collect points toward free stays and get extra perks like Wi-Fi or breakfast if you book your Los Angeles accommodation on sites like these:
- Wotif: Part of the same family, Wotif lets you access the same benefits as the Expedia Rewards program. You'll get access to lower rates and earn points, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Depending on how often you make bookings, you'll be able to get bigger discounts and earn more perks like breakfast.
- Agoda: PointsMAX lets you earn up to 6,000 points for your stay that you can put toward a preferred loyalty or frequent flyer program, including KrisFlyer and Velocity.
- Trip.com: Trip Coins is Trip.com's rewards program where you can earn $1 for every 100 Trip Coins. It's free to join the program. Membership tiers from Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond have different perks to enjoy.
- Hotels.com: Collect one stamp for every night's stay. Once you stay for 10 nights, you'll be able to redeem one free night up to the average value of your previous 10 nights.
- Expedia.com.au: Access lower rates as a member and earn Expedia points on bookings, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Different levels of membership get you access to deeper discounts and perks, such as free breakfasts.
- Marriott: The Marriott Bonvoy Benefits program lets you earn points towards free nights, access special member rates, get free Wi-Fi with your stay and check into your room via the mobile app. There are different status levels depending on how often you stay, starting with Silver Elite (10 nights per year).
Los Angeles accommodation deals