Why waste extra money when you can save it for your next adventure? Travel smarter with a Lonely Planet promo code.
Lonely Planet is the largest travel site in the world and it also happens to be the largest publisher of travel guidebooks in the world. Originally known as Lonely Planet Publications, the company is now simply known as Lonely Planet to reflect on its broad coverage of the travel industry and the digital products is provides. Lonely Planet guidebooks were amongst the first to be published for low-cost travellers such as backpackers and as of 2011, approximately 120 million guidebooks had been sold by the publisher.
These guidebooks cover a wide array of travel topics, from the best travel destinations to important local phrases and must-see attractions.
Current Lonely Planet promo codes and discount vouchers
|20% off your next purchase with sign-up||Join the Lonely Planet newsletter and get 20% off your next guidebook purchase.||
Last verified 20 Feb 2017
|Free delivery||Receive free delivery at Lonely Planet||
Last verified 14 Oct 2015
How do I use my Lonely Planet promo code?
How do I use my Lonely Planet promo code?
1. Select a promo code that can be used on Lonely Planet guidebooks and then visit the Lonely Planet site.
2. Click on ‘Shop’ to have a look at the different guidebook categories.
3. You can select a destination to view relevant guidebooks, or scroll down to view the new releases and bestsellers.
4.Browse through the books available in your selected category.
5. Select a book to purchase.
6. Select the type of book you want to purchase and click ‘Add to cart’.
7. Your shopping cart will appear on the left side of your page. Apply your promo code in the space provided before you click on ‘Checkout.
8. Finalise your order by processing payment.
Popular Lonely Planet guide books
Pros and cons of Lonely Planet
- Discounts. There are various ways that you can get a discount on your guidebook purchases, such as using Lonely Planet promo codes. You can also get a discount simply by subscribing to Lonely Planet’s newsletter.
- Different book formats. You can get your guidebook as an eBook or in hard-copy form.
- Itinerary and planning. The books don’t just give you information on destinations and sites; you get tips on how to plan for the trip with itineraries for different destinations.
- Not for all travellers. Some travellers prefer to plan their own holidays rather than simply visit all the destinations recommended in a guidebook.
Lonely Planet shipping guide
You can get free shipping throughout Australia with purchases that use Australia Post’s standard delivery service. If you choose the express option, you will be required to pay a fee. Shipping of course only applies to hard copies and the publisher gives you the option of buying a book in hard-copy or soft-copy format.
eBooks are delivered online so that you can download them on to your device. Books can be delivered in PDF, MOBI and EPUB format.
Lonely Planet refunds, exchanges and returns
Lonely Planet accepts requests for returns, exchanges and refunds. You can return your book if you are unhappy with your purchase due to a poor description of the book, and in such a case you have 10 days to request a refund or an exchange. If the book was purchased through a promotional offer, your refund will be calculated according to the offer’s terms and postal charges are non-refundable.
Damaged books can also be returned. You are required to inspect the package on delivery and contact customer care if there are any defects or damages. Lonely Planet has a change-of-mind policy which is only valid for 14 days. Return postage fees are incurred by the customer.
About Lonely Planet and its history
Lonely Planet is a well-known provider when it comes to travel guidebooks and advice. The company is the largest publisher of travel guidebooks in the world. These guidebooks are mainly aimed at helping independent travellers make the most of their travel experience by highlighting sights, hotels, experiences, destinations and the latest trends in the travel industry. As of 2011, Lonely Planet had sold about 120 million guidebooks worldwide.
Although the company’s headquarters are in the US, its largest office is in Footscray, Melbourne, Australia.