When it comes to stays, London is not short on chic and classic hotels that can give you the perfect night's rest so you can wake up refreshed and ready to explore the city another day. From family accommodation, to budget accommodation, and everything in between, there is accommodation to suit everyone's needs.
We've scouted out the best hotels in town located in the most ideal spots, so you will never have to go far to see the sights or have fun.
Yes, London IS calling.
Where to stay in London?
Choosing where to base yourself in London can be vital to saving you money and time. With so much to see, you want to make sure you're close to the all of the places at the top of your bucket list.
- North London is a great place to stay in you don't plan on spending all of your time in London. Kings Cross and St Pancras train stations are gateways to travelling up north to places like Cambridge, Oxford and York for day trips. Don't forget to check out Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station.
- History buffs will want to situate themselves around the Westminster borough to see the iconic London attractions including Big Ben, 10 Downing Street and Buckingham Palace. What is a trip to London without trying to catch a glimpse of the queen?
- The West End is the place to be if you want to shop and visit the theatres. There are so many shows to choose from, so it's likely your trip to the theatre won't be a once-off. Regent Street, Oxford Street and Bond Street are the best places to shop and check out some brands that you can't find in Australia. Don't leave the West End without visiting the local restaurants and experiencing the nightlife in Soho that both locals and tourists rave about.
- The Kensington area is a great place for families to stay as it's lot quieter than other areas of London. You'll be amazed by the architecture and the museums including the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum will be a massive hit with the kids!
We've curated a list with accommodation options suitable for every kind of traveller visiting London.
Best 5-star accommodation in London
Best hotels near Heathrow Airport
Best hotels near West End
Best budget/cheap accommodation in London
Best hotels in Paddington
Best family-friendly accommodation in London
Best boutique hotels in London
How did we pick these London hotels?
Our editorial team selected the London hotels on this list based on price, location and real customer feedback from hotel booking sites and review platforms. Where applicable, we used our own personal experiences to make recommendations.
Which sites let me book London accommodation with free cancellation?
These sites let you make a refundable booking for your trip to London, so there's less risk of losing the cost of your stay or deposit. Some sites only offer free cancellation on select London hotels or at a slightly higher rate, so it's best to check the terms on your booking before confirming your stay.
Most sites, like Wotif or Expedia, will clearly state whether each London hotel is non-refundable.
See the latest coupon codes
Which sites let me use a coupon code to book London accommodation?
Using one of our coupon codes at these sites will save you money on your London stay. Some may ask you to pay for your stay upfront rather than on arrival in order to apply the code to your London booking, but the same cancellation policy does apply so if you are able to cancel, you'll be able to get refunded.
Which sites let me book London accommodation without a credit card?
If you don't have a credit card to make your London booking, but would like to reap the rewards of one, compare credit cards that offer hotel rewards here
Which London hotel booking sites have rewards programs?
Get access to cheaper prices, collect points toward free stays and get extra perks like Wi-Fi or breakfast if you book your London accommodation on sites like these:
- Wotif: Part of the same family, Wotif lets you access the same benefits as the Expedia Rewards program. You'll get access to lower rates and earn points, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Depending on how often you make bookings, you'll be able to get bigger discounts and earn more perks like breakfast.
- Agoda: PointsMAX lets you earn up to 6,000 points for your stay that you can put toward a preferred loyalty or frequent flyer program, including KrisFlyer and Velocity.
- Trip.com: Trip Coins is Trip.com's rewards program where you can earn $1 for every 100 Trip Coins. It's free to join the program. Membership tiers from Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond have different perks to enjoy.
- Hotels.com: Collect one stamp for every night's stay. Once you stay for 10 nights, you'll be able to redeem one free night up to the average value of your previous 10 nights.
- Expedia.com.au: Access lower rates as a member and earn Expedia points on bookings, which can be used toward discounted stays in the future. Different levels of membership get you access to deeper discounts and perks, such as free breakfasts.
- Marriott: The Marriott Bonvoy Benefits program lets you earn points towards free nights, access special member rates, get free Wi-Fi with your stay and check into your room via the mobile app. There are different status levels depending on how often you stay, starting with Silver Elite (10 nights per year).
Our top London hotel deals
Image: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge