Discover the possibilities of interest-free spending: shop interest-free with participating retailers and get up to 55 interest-free days on other purchases
The Lombard 55 Card works like any other conventional credit card, where you can use it for make purchases, cash advances and the like.
A partnership between Lombard and some of Australia’s leading retailers gives you the ability to use this card to obtain interest-free finance for different kinds of purchases. With all other purchases, you can get up to 55 interest-free days.
|Product Name||Lombard 55 Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (25.9% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||25.90% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||25.90% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||The greater of 3% of the outstanding balance or $30|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$3.00 or 3% of the total cash advance amount|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
Lombard 55 Card review
What sets this credit card apart from most others is that you can use your card to make interest free purchases at some of the leading retailers in Australia. If you use your card in the right manner you can get up to 55 interest-free days on all other purchases. The ongoing annual fee you have to pay is fairly nominal, especially if you’re using your card to make larger purchases.
Benefits of Lombard 55 Card
- Interest-free shopping. You can visit any store on the list of Lombard’s retail partners to take advantage of interest-free finance. Some of the popular names on this list include IKEA, Dick Smith, Australian Outdoor Living, Rheem, Escape Travel, Goodyear and Aquanaut.
- Easy access to funds. You can use this card to make regular purchases at EFTPOS terminals and to withdraw cash through ATMs, in just about any part of the world — all you have to do is look for the Visa logo. Making online and over-the-phone purchases and bills payments is easy when you use this card.
- Easy access to account information. You can access account-related information at any time using Lombard’s online and phone banking platforms.
Features of the Lombard 55 Card
- Annual fee. If you get the Lombard 55 Card you have to pay an ongoing annual fee of $99.
- Interest-free shopping. When you use this card at select merchants you can look forward to making interest-free purchases. Keep in mind specific terms and conditions can vary from one merchant to the next.
- Interest-free days. By paying your credit card account’s closing balance in full every month you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Free cash withdrawals. You don’t have to pay any ATM fees when you use this card to withdraw money from NAB and Redi ATMs.
- Visa payWave. A number of retailers already accept payments using this technology, and anywhere you see the payWave sign, you can use your card to make contactless payments of under $100.
- Eligibility to Apple Pay. You can now use your iPhone and Apple Watch in making secure purchases in store, in apps and on the web. Find out more about the Apple Pay feature here.
- Tap2Pay. This technology allows you to use your Android smartphone to make contactless payments. Downloading the required app to your phone is simple and free, and it works with Kitkat 4.4.x and later versions. For payments exceeding $100, you’ll have to enter your PIN.
- Card security. This card makes use of an embedded microchip as a deterrent against fraud. When your card details make it to the internet, Verified by Visa acts as a secondary line of defence, and you'll receive a request for certain personal information if any unusual activity is detected.
How to apply for the Lombard 55 Card
You can apply for the Lombard 55 online, and the application takes no more than a few minutes to complete. Before you begin, make sure you fulfill the required eligibility criteria, which are as follows.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a permanent Australian resident.
- You earn at least $25,000 p.a.
- You're employed permanent full-time, part-time or casual and work over 25 hours per week.
- You can provide a valid email address.
Completing the information requires you to provide different types of information, so keep the following close at hand.
- Your driver’s license details
- Residential details
- Employment information
- Details regarding your financials
The interest-free finance option that this card offers requires your attention, but remember to compare this card with similar offerings before making any kind of a decision.Back to top