Logitech G Pro X Gaming Keyboard review: The switch-switching gamer’s keyboard
- Choice of key styles
- Can swap out keys and switches to suit
- Compact design
- Black on black keys hard to read without RGB
- Replacement key switch sets pricey
- Clicky model quite loud
How do you stand out in the highly commoditised gaming keyboard space? We've seen a few different approaches to switch types, from mechanical, membrane and even hybrid designs. There's a fair degree of RGB customisation if that's your bag, but it's almost an assumed feature by now.
For the Pro X, Logitech has taken a different look at what you might focus on for a gaming keyboard, with an eye to highly modular repair and replace options that could lead to the Pro X being your keyboard of choice for a very long time indeed.
- Tenkeyless design
- Black on black keys basically require RGB lighting to fully work
- Surprisingly heavy
- Removable USB cable
- Entirely replaceable switches could give the Pro X many years of life
- Clicky keys live up to their name
- Customisable RGB is fun
- Logitech's G-Hub needed for any RGB customisation
- Mac software is a tad buggy
- Key response is fast
- A gaming keyboard that could last for years
In many ways the Logitech G Pro X is the quintessential basic gaming keyboard. That means it does cover all the basics you're likely to need, but that's nothing special, really.
In order to justify its $249.95 asking price, it would have to go a bit further, and whether or not it does depends on the level of customisation and repair you think you're going to need. Being able to, in essence, fully rebuild the entire keyboard is a very neat trick, and it's one that could give the Logitech G Pro X far more long term durability than other competing keyboards.
That does rather point it to being a niche within a niche when it comes to gaming keyboards. This isn't an option that will suit everybody.
Pricing and availability
The Logitech G Pro X Gaming Keyboard sells in Australia for $249.95.
Logitech G PRO X Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
With its swappable keys and switches, the Logitech G Pro X is built to keep you gaming strong for years to come.
Back to top
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked