Logitech G815 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard review: Low profile, high price
If you're after a gaming keyboard with a super-low profile, the Logitech G815 could be the keyboard for you, although you do pay for the privilege.
- Satisfying key click
- Fully customisable RGB lighting
- Scroll wheel and additional function keys
- Left-hand side keys are awkwardly placed
- Relatively pricey
- Rubber top keys don't feel particularly durable
Say the words "gaming keyboard", and most folks will mentally picture a device with high raised keys, RGB lighting and a relatively brutal aesthetic. Gaming keyboards are one part precision, and one part sheer intimidation of your foes, after all.
For the Logitech G815 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Logitech has taken a slightly different tack. Sure, it's got more RGB than you can point a light meter at, but the design wouldn't look all that out of place on your everyday workday desk, thanks to some super-low key and switch designs.
- Full keyboard design
- Quick macro keys on the left-hand side
- Squishy rubber lighting, media and game mode keys
- Choice of low profile GL switches
- RGB lighting choices are good, but it's basically mandatory to have it on
- Key response is excellent
- G keys are a little too easy to hit accidentally
- A decent low profile gaming keyboard
The Logitech G815 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard has some impressive engineering behind it, and if you're after a keyboard that can travel with you as well as (mostly) doing double duty as your desktop input device for those more tedious everyday tasks, it's a good option, albeit at a somewhat premium price.
Pricing and availability
The Logitech G815 RGB Mechanical Gaming sells in Australia for $299.95.
Logitech G815 LIGHTSYNC RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Treat your fingers to softer feel of the low-profile Logitech G815 mechanical gaming keyboard.