Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse review: Lightweight, customisable and expensive
Not everyone needs dozens of additional buttons adorning their mice, and if that's you and you prefer a simpler ambidextrous mouse, the Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse could be the ideal match for your needs.
- Tracks at up to 16,000 DPI
- Configurable for ambidextrous usage
- Lightspeed RGB is silly, but fun
- Superb battery life
- It's expensive
- Relatively few buttons
- Dull styling
Not every single piece of gaming-level PC gear needs to look flashy. Sometimes, and for some folks, what you're after is more tailored towards hitting the functional basics in the best possible way.
The Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse could never be described as a flashy mouse. However, that one essential job – of accurately removing your foe's heads from their shoulders, one click at a time – is something it's superbly capable of.
- Flat, minimalistic design
- Ambidextrous capable – with a little work
- Single RGB logo light
- Wired or wireless connection
- HERO sensor offers up to 16,000 DPI
- Limited buttons
- Scroll wheel is ratchet style only
- Wireless performance is excellent
- G Hub software works well across PC and Mac
- Colour customisation, but it's a bit wasted on a single logo
- Super lightweight precision
- But you sure do pay a lot for it
Logitech's claim is that it spent two years developing the Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse to meet the needs of esports professionals. I can't count myself amongst their ranks, but I can very much see the appeal of a lightweight mouse that does the essentials well.
The customisable buttons feature is nicely implemented, and gives the Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse plenty of flexibility, because you could easily customise it to meet changing gaming needs, or even if you had to share the mouse across multiple gamers. Just be sure to give it a quick wipe down before you do!
However, it's not a low-cost gaming mouse by any conceivable measure. If you want a durable gaming mouse, you can certainly get one for much less than the asking price of the Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse.
Pricing and availability
The Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse sells in Australia for $249.95.
Logitech G PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse
With 2 years of research and development behind it, the Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse has plenty to offer folks wanting to up their game.
- Facebook Ray-Ban Stories review: Smarter sunnies, but not quite smart enough
- Hot Wheels RC Cybertruck out now in Australia: Is it any good?
- Facebook Ray-Ban Stories: Hands-on review
- Google Nest Doorbell Battery review: Smart software, poor design
- Windows 11: Pricing, availability and new features explained