If you own a property you’d like to rent or sell but don’t know who to turn to to get the best result, then check out Local Agent Finder.
If you own a property you’d like to rent or sell but don’t know who to turn to to get the best result, then check out Local Agent Finder. It is a fast, free way to help you find an agent in your area.
Founded in 2007, Local Agent Finder is an online service that aims to make is easier for property owners, landlords and real estate agents to meet, interact and do business. The website provides an easy-to-use and impartial platform where property owners can compare and select the right local agent to rent or sell their property.
How do I find a real estate agent on Local Agent Finder?
To find a real estate agent simply go to the Local Agent Finder website using any of the links provided.
On the homepage, in the centre of the screen, you’ll see a button that says 'Get started'. Click this button and you’ll begin your process, which will consist of three simple steps.
- Request quotes. At this stage you will enter some basic information about your property and yourself, including whether you’re looking to buy or sell and details of of your property. You will also enter your contact details (which agents will use to contact you later).
- Agents respond. Your details will be made available to any suitable real estate agents who believe they can help you with your sale or rental. The agents will then provide you with detailed quotes on the cost and scope of their services.
- Compare quotes. When you have received all the quotes you can begin to look through and find the most suitable agent available from the list. Remember, price isn’t everything. Try to find an agent that you trust, who will be available for any problems, should they arise, and that has experience renting your particular type of property.
I’m an real estate agent, how do I get involved?
To register as an agent on Local Agent Finder you use a sister website called Sell My Castle. Registering is free and fast. Once registered you will receive alerts on sellers or renters in your chosen area and can begin offering quotes and finding leads.
What information do I need to provide to get a quote from an agent?
It’s easy to use Local Agent Finder and to get started you only need a few key pieces of information. This will include:
- Whether you wish to sell or rent
- Your property type (house, unit, villa etc)
- Number of bedrooms
- Location (postcode, suburb, state)
- Your full contact details
What are the benefits of using Local Agent Finder?
- It’s free. Local Agent Finder is 100% free for you to use. If you’re successful in selling or renting a property then the agent will pay the company an industry standard fee, while all your money will stay in your pocket.
- It’s fast. After requesting your quotes agents have two days to respond. So you can expect to get the process moving swiftly, with minimal delays.
- It’s easy. Searching for agents yourself and requesting quotes one-by-one is a laborious task. With Local Agent Finder all you have to do is spend a few minutes inputting key information about your property and the agents will come to you.
Frequently asked questions
Is Local Agent Finder available in my area?
Wherever you live the answer is yes. Local Agent Finder has over 9,000 registered agents in every state and most suburbs nationwide. This means that you will have plenty of agents to choose from in your area, and a variety of options when selecting which agent you wish to proceed with.
I’ve already spoken with an agent, can I still use Local Agent Finder?
Yes. Shopping around for a better quote is not only allowed, but it is encouraged. Even if you’re quite far along with an agent it is always worth comparing their prices and fees.
Is this safe?
Yes. Local Agent Finder is a well established business. It carefully vets all of it’s landlords and agents to ensure that only experienced, trustworthy companies have access to your information and its service.
Do I have to give agents my address?
No. Even though you fill in your address when you register, this information is not passed on to any agents. So you don’t have to worry about people turning up at your door or bypassing the website to contact you.
How long will all of this take?
After you input your information you should receive 5-10 quotes from suitable agents within 2 days. You will then select the agents that you wish to talk further to. Once selected your chosen agents will contact you within 24-hours to discuss your situation in more detail.
What if I change my mind?
If you change your mind before you have agreed to terms with an agent then there is no problem, you can simply stop engaging with the service. Once you sign a contract with an agent, however, the terms of release will depend on the contract that you sign. Try to be sure you are choosing the right agent before you sign.