We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
This variable mortgage for home buyers and investors keeps things simple and offers very low rates.
The loans.com.au Smart Home Loan is a variable rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors. The loan has competitive interest rates and no application or ongoing fees. It has flexible repayment options as well as a fee-free redraw.
Loans.com.au is an online lender that doesn't have physical bank branches but does have phone and online customer support.
You can add an optional offset account for an additional 0.10% on your interest rate.
|Product Name||loans.com.au Smart Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$50,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||15 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||80%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Valuation Fee||$220 or at cost|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- Low variable rate
- Redraw facility
- No application or ongoing fees
- There is a $300 settlement fee
- There is also a $150 late payment fee
What do I need to know about this loan?
This loan has a low variable rate for principal and interest owner-occupier borrowers and a similarly competitive rate of investors. The loan has a maximum LVR of 80%, which means you will need a 20% deposit.
What are the features and benefits of the loans.com.au Smart Home Loan?
- Loan amount. The loans.com.au Smart Home Loan has a minimum borrowing amount of just $50,000 and a maximum borrowing amount of $1,000,000.
- Loan purpose. Home buyers and investors can get this mortgage.
- Offset account. You can add an offset account to this loan but your interest rate will increase by 0.10%.
- Repayment flexibility. You can repay this loan monthly, weekly or fortnightly. You can also make unlimited extra repayments.
- Loan-to-value ratio. You can borrow up to 80% of your property's value. There is no low deposit option.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
This mortgage comes with the following fees:
- Settlement fee: $300. This fee covers the costs of funding your home loan.
- Late payment fee: $150. If your payments are overdue, there is a small fee.
- Discharge fee: $300. You pay this when you end the loan.
- Valuation fee: $220 or at cost. This fee covers the lender's cost to get your property valued.
How do I apply for this loan?
If you'd like to apply for this product or just get more information, click the green "Go to site" button and follow the application process to speak to a loans.com.au mortgage specialist. They'll talk you through eligibility requirements and help you with the application.