Fix in a low rate and know exactly what your home loan repayments will be down to the last cent
A fixed rate home loan gives you the ability to lock in a competitive interest rate for a number of years and relax knowing that your rate won’t change during this time. This means no matter what happens in the economy and how your lender responds to this your rate will stay the same, allowing you to create an accurate budget and plan ahead.
The loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan gives you the opportunity to lock in a rate for one, two or three years and enjoy a range of features to minimise costs, including interest only options, split rates, additional repayments and more.
Interest-only loans for investors
Please note that loans.com.au only offers interest-only loans for investment and not for owner occupiers. Principal and interest investor loans are also available.
|Product Name||loans.com.au Fixed|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$50,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||15 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||No|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Interest Only|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- No application fees or ongoing fees
- Can make additional repayments
- Five free splits
- Interest only option for up to five years
- No redraw facility
Things to consider about the loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan
The loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan is available to those purchasing a home, refinancing an existing loan, or buying an investment property.
This loan is a full documentation loan, meaning you’ll need to supply the full range of income evidence and other paperwork required to be eligible.
It should be noted that loans.com.au doesn't currently have a low doc option available for those who are self-employed, so you may want to compare the low doc options offered by other lenders.
Features and benefits of the loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan
- Loan terms. You can borrow between $50,000 and $1,000,000 with this loan, meaning it can be used for a wide variety of properties and purposes.
- Maximum LVR. With the Fixed Home Loan you can borrow up to 90% of the property’s value. Keep in mind that borrowing more than 80% will come with Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI), which is explained in the fees section below.
- Interest-only options. You’ll usually make principal and interest repayments when paying off a loan, but this loan gives you the option of making interest-only repayments for up to five years. Interest-only options can have tax benefits for investors and can help to maximise your cash flow, as the repayment is usually smaller than a regular principal and interest repayment.
- Split options. Splitting your loan into both variable and fixed rates can see you get some of the benefits of both types of rates, including the variable rate netting you some of the benefit of falling rates, and the fixed rates protecting you from rising rates. You can split this loan up to five times for free.
- Additional repayments. Many fixed rate home loans won’t allow you to put extra repayments towards your loan, stopping you from making progress in paying your loan off early. The Fixed Home Loan allows you to make up to $10,000 in extra repayments per year, although keep in mind that paying off your loan early during the fixed period can come with break fees, explained below. Note that this loan doesn’t have a redraw facility to get access to these extra repayments once they’ve been made.
- Flexible repayments. This loan allows you to make repayments every week, fortnight or month to coincide with your pay cycle and lifestyle.
- Rate lock available. A rate lock allows you to lock in the advertised rate when you apply for this loan, so that in the time taken for your loan to settle you don’t miss out on because rates rise. This loan comes with the option of a 60 day rate lock which has a fee listed in the section below.
- Complete access. This loan gives you access to your loan account at all times, either by logging in online or calling loans.com.au.
Why can I trust loans.com.au?
loans.com.au is backed by Firstmac, a leading Australian mortgage provider with 35 years of experience and $8 billion in mortgages. They must also comply with the same regulations as a regular bank, including ASIC regulations and the National Consumer Credit Protection Act.
Fees you can avoid
- Break fees. Amount varies. These fees are charged if you get out of your loan early during the fixed period, and are calculated using the remaining loan amount as well as other factors. This fee can be quite expensive.
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI). Amount varies. This is charged to minimise your lender’s risk if you decide to borrow with a deposit of less than 20%. LMI is calculated depending on the size of your deposit and the loan amount.
- Rate lock. $350. There’s a fee of $350 if you decide to opt for a rate lock. As mentioned, this prevents you from getting a less ideal rate in the time take for your loan to settle.
- Ongoing fees. $0. There are no monthly or annual fees associated with this loan.
- Application fees. $0. There are no application fees charged as part of this loan.
- Early discharge fee. $300. If you decide to pay out your loan early, this fee will apply.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Settlement fee. $300. This fee is charged to cover the cost of your loan funds settling after your application is approved.
- Valuation fee. $220 or at cost. loans.com.au must value your property before granting you a loan, and this fee covers this.
- Other fees. Amount varies. Just like any other home loan, there maybe government fees and other related expenses involved.
Are there any hidden fees?
The loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan has no hidden fees, although know that you will have to pay other third party costs which may arise, particularly government fees. loans.com.au estimates these to cost around $320 if you're having your mortgage released and then re-registered on your property title. Also note that there's a $10 fee for ordering statements.
Who owns loans.com.au?
loans.com.au is a 100% Australian privately owned mortgage company. The funds provided by loans.com.au are underwritten by Firstmac, a 100% Australian-owned mortgage provider with over 35 years of experience and $8 billion in managed mortgages.
How to apply for the loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan
You can apply for the loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan by clicking the ‘Go to Site’ or ‘Find out more’ buttons on this page. Doing so will securely take you to loans.com.au where you can lodge an enquiry and speak to a loans.com.au representative. Scroll down to view loans.com.au's diagram outlining the application process.
The below diagram is courtesy of loans.com.au and represents the loan application process after you contact them.
They’ll require some information from you, including:
- Loan information. loans.com.au will want to know about the property you’re purchasing or refinancing. This includes information about the estimated value of the property and what you’ll be using it for.
- Personal information. You’ll have to supply your contact information and identification to verify this.
- Income information. loans.com.au will want to know you can afford repayments, so will want to know what your income is and related information.
- Liabilities information. In keeping with the above, loans.com.au will also want to know that your debts won’t limit your ability to make repayments, so will want to know about dependent children, credit cards and other debts.
The loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan is a competitive fixed rate home loan which deserves your attention. Add it to your comparison today.