loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan
Fix in a low rate and know exactly what your home loan repayments will be down to the last cent
A fixed rate home loan gives you the ability to lock in a competitive interest rate for a number of years and relax knowing that your rate won’t change during this time. This means no matter what happens in the economy and how your lender responds to this your rate will stay the same, allowing you to create an accurate budget and plan ahead.
The loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan gives you the opportunity to lock in a rate for one, two or three years and enjoy a range of features to minimise costs, including interest only options, split rates, additional repayments and more.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
This loan is a full documentation loan, meaning you’ll need to supply the full range of income evidence and other paperwork required to be eligible.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan?
- Loan terms. You can borrow between $50,000 and $1,000,000 with this loan, meaning it can be used for a wide variety of properties and purposes.
- Maximum LVR. With the Fixed Home Loan you can borrow up to 90% of the property's value. Keep in mind that borrowing more than 80% will come with Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI), which is explained in the fees section below.
- Interest-only options. You'll usually make principal and interest repayments when paying off a loan, but this loan gives you the option of making interest-only repayments for up to five years. Interest-only options can have tax benefits for investors and can help to maximise your cash flow, as the repayment is usually smaller than a regular principal and interest repayment.
- Split options. Splitting your loan into both variable and fixed rates can see you get some of the benefits of both types of rates, including the variable rate netting you some of the benefit of falling rates, and the fixed rates protecting you from rising rates. You can split this loan up to five times for free.
- Additional repayments. Many fixed rate home loans won't allow you to put extra repayments towards your loan, stopping you from making progress in paying your loan off early. The Fixed Home Loan allows you to make up to $10,000 in extra repayments per year, although keep in mind that paying off your loan early during the fixed period can come with break fees, explained below. Note that this loan doesn't have a redraw facility to get access to these extra repayments once they've been made.
- Flexible repayments. This loan allows you to make repayments every week, fortnight or month to coincide with your pay cycle and lifestyle.
- Rate lock available. A rate lock allows you to lock in the advertised rate when you apply for this loan, so that in the time taken for your loan to settle you don't miss out on because rates rise. This loan comes with the option of a 60 day rate lock which has a fee listed in the section below.
- Complete access. This loan gives you access to your loan account at all times, either by logging in online or calling loans.com.au.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Break fees. Amount varies. These fees are charged if you get out of your loan early during the fixed period, and are calculated using the remaining loan amount as well as other factors. This fee can be quite expensive.
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI). Amount varies. This is charged to minimise your lender's risk if you decide to borrow with a deposit of less than 20%. LMI is calculated depending on the size of your deposit and the loan amount.
- Rate lock. $350. There's a fee of $350 if you decide to opt for a rate lock. As mentioned, this prevents you from getting a less ideal rate in the time take for your loan to settle.
- Ongoing fees. $0. There are no monthly or annual fees associated with this loan.
- Application fees. $0. There are no application fees charged as part of this loan.
- Early discharge fee. $300. If you decide to pay out your loan early, this fee will apply.
- Settlement fee. $300. This fee is charged to cover the cost of your loan funds settling after your application is approved.
- Valuation fee. $220 or at cost. loans.com.au must value your property before granting you a loan, and this fee covers this.
- Other fees. Amount varies. Just like any other home loan, there maybe government fees and other related expenses involved.
Are there any hidden fees?
The loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan has no hidden fees, although know that you will have to pay other third party costs which may arise, particularly government fees. loans.com.au estimates these to cost around $320 if you're having your mortgage released and then re-registered on your property title.
Who owns loans.com.au?
loans.com.au is a 100% Australian privately owned mortgage company. The funds provided by loans.com.au are underwritten by Firstmac, a 100% Australian-owned mortgage provider with over 35 years of experience and $8 billion in managed mortgages.
How to apply
You can apply for the loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan by clicking the 'Go to Site' or 'Find out more' buttons on this page. Doing so will securely take you to loans.com.au where you can lodge an enquiry and speak to a loans.com.au representative. Scroll down to view loans.com.au's diagram outlining the application process.
They'll require some information from you, including:
- Loan information. loans.com.au will want to know about the property you're purchasing or refinancing. This includes information about the estimated value of the property and what you'll be using it for.
- Personal information. You'll have to supply your contact information and identification to verify this.
- Income information. loans.com.au will want to know you can afford repayments, so will want to know what your income is and related information.
- Liabilities information. In keeping with the above, loans.com.au will also want to know that your debts won't limit your ability to make repayments, so will want to know about dependent children, credit cards and other debts.
The loans.com.au Fixed Home Loan is a competitive fixed rate home loan which deserves your attention. Add it to your comparison today.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.