Litecoin price analysis 15 September: LTC up, half of the top ten tokens are in the red
Bittrex adds LTC/USD trading pair to exchange platform and the Litecoin Summit kicks off in San Francisco.
- Litecoin has been experiencing price gains during the early hours of trade.
- Trading volumes have slipped down slightly from weekly highs witnessed yesterday.
- The Litecoin Summit is underway in San Francisco, California.
Litecoin, an alternative cryptocurrency, is trading positively this morning, up 1.5% against the US dollar and 1.75% against market leader bitcoin. Comparatively, half of the top ten tokens, by market cap, are losing value.
From the beginning of trade today, Litecoin's price has risen steeply (3.2%) from US$53.84 to US$55.60.
The coin's value continues to rise, closing in on its previous weekly high of US$57.59 on 8 September.
At the time of writing, LTC was valued at US$55.65.
24-hour trading volumes have fallen from a weekly high of US$295 million yesterday to US$287 million.
Forex Crunch reports that Litecoin buyers have been attempting to recover some of yesterday's losses but the support turned resistance at US$54.00 is impeding this movement. However, if traders are able to keep pushing the price up then the US$56.00 level is within reach and a path to medium-term resistance at $60.00.
The Litecoin Summit has officially begun. For the next two days, Litecoin creator Charlie Lee and the Litecoin Foundation will host a myriad of guest speakers, YouTube personalities, media partners and event attendees at the South San Francisco Conference Center in sunny California. A jam-packed schedule means that there are plenty of opportunities for market-moving news to stream out of the event, perhaps affecting the token price.
Over the next two days, you can stream live presentations from the Summit directly from Litecoin's website.
Additionally, cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex announced it will be adding support for the LTC/USD trading pair.
You can learn all about different exchanges, understand exactly how to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, calculate your taxes, discover digital wallets to hold assets and explore a list of all the alternative coins on the market.
- Ethereum price dips below $1,500 in midst of marketwide correction
- Bitcoin price drops as Fed Chair attempts to squash inflation concerns
- Ethereum price dips by 25% over the past week. What happens next?
- Ethereum price crumbles as dApps flee for cheaper platforms
- Bitcoin volatility at 6-month high as price direction looks uncertain