Full list of PlayLink games for PS4
A new experience is arriving on the PS4 that uses your mobile phone to create a unique party game experienced. Here is the complete list of PlayLink titles coming to PS4.
At E3 2017, the large game convention held every year in Los Angeles, Sony revealed PlayLink. PlayLink is a new take on the classic party game experience that thrived back in the mid-2000s. Think of titles like SingStar, Buzz! Wii Sports, Mario Party and Guitar Hero. The kind of titles you would bring out when all your non-gaming friends were over so you could have a good laugh together.
The concept involves downloading an app to your mobile phone or tablet, through which you can sync the device to a PS4. This turns your mobile or tablet into a controller, like a second screen with touch controls and its own camera. Players then interact with each other and the game unfolding on the TV via their smartphone. So you can press buttons, take selfies, draw images – whatever the challenge requires.
Need a new PS4 controller?
PlayLink works really well and solves one of the biggest issues that faced the Party Game genre in its heyday – the need for so many costly peripherals. Since everyone has a mobile of their own, your guests bring their controller with them for free. Plus, they don’t have to be taught how to operate it. All you need then is the game on your PS4 system and a night of great laughs and competitive play can unfold.
As it’s only just announced, there are only a handful of games currently announced for PlayLink, but we expect this to grow through late 2017 and into 2018 – especially if indie developers jump on board with some ideas.
Thankfully, what has been announced is rather exciting on its own, with plenty of variety on offer for gamers planning on having a dinner party or a get-together with friends. Each of the below are fully fledged, standalone games – they ARE NOT modes in the same experience.
Complete List of PlayLink Games
- That’s You - A six-player Pictionary meets Cards Against Humanity activity game where your knowledge of each other is tested.
- Hidden Agenda - A crime thriller where you must work as a team to make decisions that change the course of the story, while all competing towards different objectives.
- Knowledge is Power - A challenging trivia game where you must answer questions quickly while the other players try to distract you.
- Frantics - A minigame focused experience, where you are challenged to bluff, battle, co-operate and negotiate with up to three other players to achieve victory.
- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier: An interactive drama experience for up to four players where you guide both apes and humans through ethical dilemmas and tense standoffs. Set between the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes movies.
- SingStar Celebration – A return of the legendary karaoke experience, where your mobile becomes the mic and the rug in front of the PS4 your stage. Features eight-player support.
- Erica. A full-motion-video game where you guide the titular Erica through a horrific adventure as she attempts to uncover the truth behind her haunting childhood and how it ties into a current-day murderer.
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight