ANZ Life Insurance Review
ANZ now offers Ezicover life insurance, which is issued by Zurich so could be good if you want a policy with a well-known provider.
Maximum Entry Age
Terminal Illness Benefit
ANZ life insurance: Our verdict
- Ezicover life insurance is provided by Zurich Australia, so could be a good choice if you want to go with a globally established brand.
- You get the first month's premium free plus a 10% multi-policy discount on a second life insurers policy.
- Its $15,000 funeral advancement is probably enough for most but brands including Qantas and TAL offer $10,000 more.
Why compare life insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the life insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We've done 100+ hours of policy research to help you understand what you're comparing.
Read a more detailed review on:
Key points of Ezicover Life Insurance
- Ezicover Life Insurance. Provides a lump sum payment to your family when you pass away of between $50,000 and $1.5 million, depending on your age.
- Terminal Illness benefit. Provides a full lump sum payment amount if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness and have less than 12 months to live.
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Key exclusions to be aware of
Zurich won't pay a claim where:
- Your death is as a result of suicide within the first 13 months of you taking out cover, or any increase in cover or the latest reinstatement of the policy.
- Your death or terminal illness is as a result of an excluded condition (these will be outlined to you when you first take out a policy).
- You don't provide information that may affect Zurich's decision to insure you.
Applying for cover
You can apply for Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance if:
- You're between 19 and 69 years old.
- You're either an Australian citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
- You undergo and meet Zurich's health criteria – some pre-existing health conditions may not be eligible for cover.
- You have the financial capacity to purchase cover and pay premiums in accordance with the level of cover you have selected, including government charges.
Ezicover life insurance pros and cons
Still wondering if ANZ is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- It's issued by a globally-recognised insurer.
- Up to $1.5 million cover is the industry standard and most likely enough for most.
- It's possible to get a higher death benefit elsewhere.
How do I make an ANZ life insurance claim?
If you want to make a claim for ANZ Life Insurance, ANZ Recover Well or ANZ 50+ Life Cover, you can call 13 16 14 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is for customers who currently hold ANZ life insurance policies (which ANZ has stopped offering).
For Zurich Ezicover life insurance claims, you can find out more here.