As of 1 April 2021, ANZ does not offer its own life insurance policy. However, it does offer Ezicover life insurance, which is issued by Zurich. ANZ policies for existing customers are still valid..
- Ezicover life insurance is provided by Zurich Australia, so could be a good choice if you want to go with a globally established brand.
- You get the first month's premium free plus a 10% multi-policy discount on a second life insurance policy.
- Its $15,000 funeral advancement is probably enough for most but brands including Qantas and TAL offer $10,000 more.
- Ezicover Life Insurance. Provides a lump sum payment to your family when you pass away of between $50,000 and $1.5 million, depending on your age.
- Terminal Illness benefit. Provides a full lump sum payment amount if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness and have less than 12 months to live.
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Zurich won't pay a claim where:
- Your death is as a result of suicide within the first 13 months of you taking out cover, or any increase in cover or the latest reinstatement of the policy.
- Your death or terminal illness is as a result of an excluded condition (these will be outlined to you when you first take out a policy).
- You don't provide information that may affect Zurich's decision to insure you.
Applying for cover
You can apply for Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance if:
- You're between 19 and 69 years old.
- You're either an Australian citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
- You undergo and meet Zurich's health criteria – some pre-existing health conditions may not be eligible for cover.
- You have the financial capacity to purchase cover and pay premiums in accordance with the level of cover you have selected, including government charges.
Ezicover life insurance pros and cons
Still wondering if ANZ is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- It's issued by a globally-recognised insurer.
- Up to $1.5 million cover is the industry standard and most likely enough for most.
- It's possible to get a higher death benefit elsewhere.
If you want to make a claim for ANZ Life Insurance, ANZ Recover Well or ANZ 50+ Life Cover, you can call 13 16 14 or email email@example.com. This is for customers who currently hold ANZ life insurance policies (which ANZ has stopped offering).
For Zurich Ezicover life insurance claims, you can find out more here.