Find suitable policies at competitive rates, with the help of a life insurance adviser.
For anyone that is looking to take out any form of insurance plan, the process can be a long and confusing one, as the insurance market is a vast and complex.
No matter what type of personal insurance cover you are looking to take out, you will find many providers and a huge range of plans to choose from. For those who lead busy lives with many commitments, or those who have little knowledge or experience of insurance services, it can be difficult and time-consuming to find the most suitable plan at the most competitive price.
Compare Life insurance quotes from these direct brands
Should you use a life insurance broker?
'71% less likely' was calculated using figures from ASIC's Report 498: Life Insurance Claims: An Industry Review. The report states that the average declined claims in a non-advised policy is 12% in comparison to an advised policy at 7%. 12% (non-advised) is 1.71 times the amount of 7% (advised) hence a 71% less chance of an advised policy claim being declined.
Many people decide to turn to experts in the insurance industry to help them find appropriate insurance cover for their needs at competitive prices.
Lack of time, lack of knowledge and lack of confidence can make the process of finding well suited yet affordable insurance coverage far more difficult for consumers
Consulting an advice professional who has extensive training, experience and expertise in the insurance industry can save you time, money and stop you from making a potentially costly mistake. Don’t underestimate the peace of mind you’ll gain knowing that you have an appropriate policy and adequate cover in place to protect you and your family.
Life insurance advisers, are industry experts who perform a valuable duty for consumers by helping them find the most suitable plan at the most competitive price. Some people get very frustrated and confused when trying to source and determine suitable and affordable insurance plans, but using a licensed and reputable insurance adviser can make the whole process easier and more efficient.
Insurance advisers have a legal duty to act in your best interests, rather than in the best interests of an insurance provider. This means they’re motivated to find you an insurance solution that is affordable, appropriate and better suited to your needs than simply selling you a product.
A life insurance adviser has to act in your best interests, but these professionals also have a number of other duties and responsibilities that mean they should be focused on helping you to get suitable coverage at the right price.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities of an insurance adviser include:
- Identifying the most suitable policy for your needs based on your own circumstances and the information that you provide
- Complying with the law, the regulations and industry standards
- Finding affordable, appropriate and competitively priced cover
- Acting in your best interests throughout the entire process
- Prioritising your interests over theirs or those of the Insurance provider
- Acting with integrity and honesty at all times Avoiding conflicts of interest or disclosing and managing conflicts that can’t be avoided
- Ensuring that any fees, commissions or other benefits they receive are clearly disclosed to you
- Keeping your personal information confidential and safe
- Ensuring that all relevant records are maintained
- Providing you with information about your cover promptly and clearly
- Managing your application for insurance and dealing with the Insurer and underwriters on your behalf
- Negotiating with Insurers and Underwriters to secure you affordable cover
- Checking your application to ensure it’s accurate and complete
- Helping you to secure cover (and avoid problems caused by errors, non-disclosure or misrepresentations in your application)
- Managing your claim to ensure you receive the appropriate benefits
While there are some people who will have few problems in finding suitable and affordable insurance coverage for themselves, there are many benefits to using a good, reputable and licensed insurance adviser. Some of the benefits include:
- Using an adviser can save you a lot of time when it comes to finding suitable insurance cover to match your needs
- Advisers often have access to insurance policies that are only available through intermediaries and which you might otherwise be unable to access
- A good adviser will put time and effort into sourcing a suitable insurance plan at a competitive price
- Using an insurance adviser is often a great choice for those with other commitments and with a limited amount of time on their hands
- An adviser enables you to benefit from increased ease and convenience when it comes to getting insurance cover
If you are looking to secure a life insurance policy without going through a life insurance adviser, you may wish to consider direct providers instead. You can apply directly at the bottom of this page.
Direct life insurance is suitable for applicants who know what they are looking for out of their policies. Since there are minimal medical underwriting requirements, your application can often be approved in an instant over the phone or online. To apply for cover, all you need to do is to submit your request for a direct life insurance quote and a direct insurer representative will be in touch with you to confirm your details. Your policy will be active as soon as your application is approved.