LGIAsuper | Performance, features and fees
LGIAsuper's default MySuper Lifecycle option invests your super in line with your age.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Calculated fees p.a. on $50,000 balance
Performance figures quoted on this page are correct to December 2019, according to Chant West. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.
What are the key features of LGIAsuper?
- Low-cost, no-frills MySuper investment option available. The Lifecycle investment options (the default MySuper option) are automatically adjusted according to your age, offering a great set-and-forget super option that's completely managed on your behalf.
- Seven pre-made investment options available. You can choose between seven ready-made investment options according to the level of risk you want to take.
- Two ethical, socially responsible investment options available. Some super funds don't offer any socially responsible investment options, but LGIAsuper offers two different pre-mixed ethical investment options based on the level of risk you want to take.
- Default insurance cover included. You'll receive automatic Death and TPD insurance cover, and you can also choose to opt into Income Protection cover if needed.
Investment options offered by LGIAsuper
Members can choose from the MySuper Lifecycle option or between a range of seven pre-made investment options. If you opt for the MySuper Lifecycle option, the investment experts at LGIAsuper will invest in asset classes according to your age, with a higher allocation in high-risk assets like shares while you’re young, and increasing your allocation in cash as you get older to protect your balance.
The ready-made investment options allow you to choose an investment strategy that’s in line with your appetite for risk, while the socially responsible options allow you to invest in line with your personal values. If you’d like to be a bit more hands-on with how your super is invested, you can also invest in up to five individual asset classes.
What are the fees?
The following example shows the fees applied on a balance of $50,000 invested in the Lifecycle Under 75 option (this is the default MySuper option).
Example fees for MySuper Lifecycle Under 75 investment option (default option)
On a super balance of $50,000 you'd have the following fees:
- Admin fee: 0.18%
- Indirect Cost Ratio including investment fees: 0.8%
- Annual cost on $50,000 balance: $568
The fees vary slightly between each different investment option. Click below to see the estimated annual admin fee, investment fee and indirect cost ratio for each MySuper Lifecycle and ready-made investment option. These fees are represented as an annual percentage of your balance*.
What insurance is offered through LGIAsuper?
Members receive the following default insurance with LGIAsuper:
- Death and terminal illness. If you’ve got an existing medical condition you may not be eligible for this cover.
- Total Permanent Disability (TPD). If you’ve got an existing medical condition you may not be eligible for this cover.
- Income protection. If you’re a permanent employee you may be eligible for this cover.
You can choose to increase your level of cover for the above insurances when opening your account.
How to join LGIAsuper
- Your personal details, including your name, address, date of birth and contact information
- Your Tax File Number (you do not have to supply this, but if you don’t your fund won’t be able to accept certain types of contributions from you, and your benefit payments may be taxed at a higher rate.)
- Details of your current superannuation fund (if you wish to rollover your balance into your new fund after you've become a member)