LG teases February launch for LG G6
Enhanced durability and waterproofing on the cards for LG’s next premium phone.
With CES behind us, the ramping up of hype around handsets expected to be announced at Mobile World Congress 2017 is in full swing. LG had already tipped its hand regarding the likely screen dimensions of its premium LG G6 handset just yesterday, and today it’s teasing the reveal of the G6 itself.
Typically speaking, the big players tend to announce their handsets immediately prior to the kickoff of Mobile World Congress, which this year would tend to indicate a likely launch date of 26 February. LG hasn’t gone quite that far with its teaser video, simply referencing February for its upcoming handset.
What it has done is a faux vox-pop set of statements around what consumers want from a smartphone, and it’s a quite predictable list in the whole. We want larger screens, smaller phones and durability from drops and immersion. The video itself doesn’t reveal a whole lot more about the G6 beyond the reasonable assumption that it will be phone-shaped, and that it’s very likely that LG has abandoned the modular "friends" ecosystem it attempted to build around the LG G5.
We’ll be reporting live from Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, so stay tuned for the latest updates around the LG G6.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: It’s all about that camera
- This week’s bargain phones: Save on iPhone X, Galaxy S9+ or Google Pixel 2XL
- The Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are now available in Australia
- OnePlus 6 is OnePlus’ most expensive phone yet
- This week’s bargain phones: Score a bargain deal on iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy S9 or Huawei P20 Pro