The LG Q7 delivers premium features like an 18:9 display and IP68 certification at half the price of your typical flagship smartphone.
Mid-range handsets are often the most overlooked when we're considering smartphone upgrade options. Typically, high-end handsets like the latest iPhones and their Android equivalents receive the bulk of the attention, with more budget-conscious folks turning to the cheap prepaid options offered by the likes of Optus and Telstra.
These extremes neglect the wide array of capable yet affordable handsets occupying the middle tier of the smartphone market. Handsets like the LG Q7, for instance. Retailing for $549, the LG Q7 isn't exactly cheap but neither is it outrageously expensive, especially when you take into account the many high-end features it comes packed with. From an ultra-wide 18:9 display to IP68 water and dust resistance, there are plenty of reasons to consider the LG Q7 for your next smartphone purchase.
- The 18:9 display lends itself well to on-the-go entertainment
- No NFC support, sadly
- Run-of-the-mill camera set-up should still be more than sufficient for most users
- Those wanting dual-lens cameras will need to look elsewhere
- A MediaTek processor is an odd choice for a mid-range smartphone
- Not as powerful as many of its competitors, but capable enough for most users
- The combination of a power-efficient processor and a 3,000mAh battery should ensure plenty of stamina
- Fast-charging support makes refuelling far less frustrating
Pricing and availability
A feature-packed phone you can actually afford
The LG Q7 takes the best aspects of premium smartphones and distills them into a mid-range handset that only costs half the price.
- You can purchase the LG Q7 from JB Hi-Fi and Mobileciti.
LG Q7 specs
|Display size (inches)||5.5|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2160 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||442|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||8|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/1.9|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Compare SIM-only plans for the LG Q7
Latest LG news