If you like LG's design style but the asking price of the LG G6 is problematic, the Q6 is an excellent budget alternative.
- Good camera for a budget phone
- Great display for a mid-range phone
- Dual SIM
- Lacklustre app performance
- Plastic body
- Ordinary battery life
The LG Q6 is LG's budget homage to the LG G6, and it's a good option if you want a solid display and camera phone at an affordable pricepoint.
Most smartphone manufacturers tend to strictly differentiate their budget and premium lines, with only the most costly phones grabbing premium design and features. LG's pitch for the LG Q6 is that it's essentially a smaller LG G6 for the more cost-centric buyer who wants a full-screen Android handset.
- Face-filling 5.5-inch display is bright and crisp.
- Dual-SIM support is a nice bonus for those who maintain two different phone numbers.
- Photo quality is impressively high for a phone at this pricepoint.
- Focus is a little slower than average which can make in-motion shots difficult to capture.
- Middle-of-the-road performance for a budget handset.
- LG's custom Android interface is relatively clean and light.
- The 3,000mAh battery delivers solid results comparable with other budget handsets.
- All-day battery life is well within its capabilities.
- Thanks to its striking FullVision display, the LG Q6 is a standout budget smartphone well worth considering.
Pricing and availability
Screen with envy
Enjoy sharper entertainment on the go with the affordable LG Q6 and its massive FullVision display.
- The LG Q6 retails for $399, but you can find it selling for less at retailers such as Amazon, JB Hi-Fi and Officeworks.
|Display size (inches)||5.5|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2160 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||442|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||13|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 7|
Latest LG news
Is it worth upgrading to the iPhone XR if you already have an iPhone 8, and does the existence of the iPhone XR make the iPhone 8 a bad buy? Read more…
Apple's culled its iPhone product offerings to make way for new phones, as well as removing bundled lightning headphone adaptors. Read more…
How does Apple's new flagship phone compare to the original iPhone X? Read more…