If you like LG's design style but the asking price of the LG G6 is problematic, the Q6 is an excellent budget alternative.
- Good camera for a budget phone
- Great display for a mid-range phone
- Dual SIM
- Lacklustre app performance
- Plastic body
- Ordinary battery life
The LG Q6 is LG's budget homage to the LG G6, and it's a good option if you want a solid display and camera phone at an affordable pricepoint.
Most smartphone manufacturers tend to strictly differentiate their budget and premium lines, with only the most costly phones grabbing premium design and features. LG's pitch for the LG Q6 is that it's essentially a smaller LG G6 for the more cost-centric buyer who wants a full-screen Android handset.
- Face-filling 5.5-inch display is bright and crisp.
- Dual-SIM support is a nice bonus for those who maintain two different phone numbers.
- Photo quality is impressively high for a phone at this pricepoint.
- Focus is a little slower than average which can make in-motion shots difficult to capture.
- Middle-of-the-road performance for a budget handset.
- LG's custom Android interface is relatively clean and light.
- The 3,000mAh battery delivers solid results comparable with other budget handsets.
- All-day battery life is well within its capabilities.
- Thanks to its striking FullVision display, the LG Q6 is a standout budget smartphone well worth considering.
Pricing and availability
Screen with envy
Enjoy sharper entertainment on the go with the affordable LG Q6 and its massive FullVision display.
- The LG Q6 retails for $399, but you can find it selling for less at retailers such as Amazon, JB Hi-Fi and Officeworks.
LG Q6 specs
Power, storage and battery
|Display size||5.5 inches|
|Resolution||1080 x 2160|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||442|
|Rear camera megapixels||13MP|
|Rear camera aperture size||f/2.2|
|Front camera megapixels||5MP|
|Front camera aperture size||f/2.2|
|Dimensions||142.5mm x 69.3mm x 8.1mm|
|Network category speed||Category 7|
|Operating system||Android 7|
|External storage support||Up to 256GB|
Compare SIM-only plans for the LG Q6
Latest LG news
We help you find the best Vodafone phone on contract with our comprehensive guide to the best handsets available right now. Read more…
It's nothing to do with reverse wireless charging, though. Read more…
The iPhone 8 isn't a cheap device, but you can still score a solid deal by checking out our round-up of the latest plans and outright purchase options. Read more…