The LG Q Stylus is an attractive and affordable option for digital artists, photographers or anyone who prefers taking handwritten notes.
As smartphone screens get bigger and bigger, the gap between a traditional phone and a full-blown tablet continues to shrink. But while plenty of modern handsets can double as communication and entertainment devices, few have fully committed to serving the purpose tablets were originally envisioned for: namely, sketching and note-taking via the use of a digital pen.
Samsung's Galaxy Note9 and earlier entries in the Galaxy Note series have an almost complete monopoly on this market, but at upwards of $1,000, they aren't exactly what you'd call affordable. This is where the LG Q Stylus comes in. Priced at a far more accessible $649, the 6.2-inch smartphone offers the same stylus-based functionality with slightly less power at roughly half the cost of Samsung's flagship handsets.
- Plenty of screen to scribble notes on
- IP68 rating provides solid protection against the elements
- A decent pairing of front and rear cameras for a phone at this price point
- Single-lens cameras puts it at a slight disadvantage compared to many modern handsets
- Hardware is a little on the low side for a mid-range smartphone
- Should still be more than suitable for most people
- 3,300mAh battery should have plenty of juice to keep you connected all day long
- Fast-charging support
Pricing and availability
LG Q Stylus
A stylus smartphone that won't leave you broke
Take notes, create sketches and touch up images with the big but budget-friendly LG Q Stylus.
- The LG Q Stylus is available online from retailers like Catch and Mobileciti as well as stores like Harvey Norman.
|Display size (inches)||6.2|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2160 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||389|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,300|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||16|
|Rear camera (1) aperture|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||8|
|Front camera (1) aperture|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||N/A|
Latest LG news
5G, foldables and a whole lot of handsets are waiting to be unveiled at the MWC 2019, the world's biggest mobile show. Read more…
Crystal Sound OLED will turn the LG G8 ThinQ's screen into its own boombox. Read more…
The LG G8 ThinQ is expected to be unveiled at MWC 2019. Here's what we know about LG's new flagship already. Read more…